Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533437 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #675 on: July 27, 2013, 12:53:34 am »
Based on my experience as a writer of terrible dialogue, I can say with some degree of confidence that that conversation never took place and the author is afflicted with my same condition.
Σא

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #676 on: July 27, 2013, 06:44:12 am »
More multiple bullshit:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 06:46:21 am by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #677 on: July 27, 2013, 08:23:41 am »
I have a hard time believing this story to be true:

I just recently moved to a new city and I was unfamiliar with a lot of the retail stores, and I accidentally stepped into a plus-size store.
Clerk: Uh, can I help you?
Me: Well, I’m new in town and looking for some trendy stores to shop in.
Clerk: Well, you’re not going to find anything here.
Me: Excuse me?
Clerk: This is a plus-sized store, like have you heard of that notion?  We don’t cater to skinny-ass anorexic bitches here.
Me: Uh… oh wow, I mean… there’s no need to speak to me like that… I didn’t know…
Clerk: Sure you didn’t, you skinny skanks are all alike, you come in here and try to oppress us fatties right out of our own stores! Get out, and don’t forget to check your damn privilege on the way out!

This is just pathetic, really. If you're going to make up a story in an attempt to support your cause, try to at least use some plausible dialogue.

More multiple bullshit:

It's like they're admitting they're full of shit.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #678 on: July 27, 2013, 08:32:28 am »
More multiple bullshit:

It's like they're admitting they're full of shit.
a) I don't think that this meme is being done by those "multiple" folks. I always thought it was a parody.
b) I remember when I first heard about this whole thingy was from a post where someone was talking about their experiences being with headmates. They specifically said that they were afraid of watching movies or such because the new headmates might be too scary as the realism might make them fall into uncanny valley area. So they only watched cartoons and comics because those headmates were easier to handle.

I think at some point the person was talking about how Sephiroth or some other villain was a troublesome headmate and had to be subdued or something.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #679 on: July 27, 2013, 08:38:39 am »
^^ It eventually turned into a parody, but it was originally started by "multiples" to bitch about their problems.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #680 on: July 27, 2013, 09:57:01 am »
Can a headmate have its own headmate?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #681 on: July 27, 2013, 10:02:12 am »
Indeed they can, apparently. No only that, but a headmate's headmate can also have headmates of their own.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #682 on: July 27, 2013, 10:12:56 am »
Indeed they can, apparently. No only that, but a headmate's headmate can also have headmates of their own.

Oh sweet jesus I should not have read that when im this tired
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #683 on: July 27, 2013, 12:09:51 pm »

What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #684 on: July 27, 2013, 12:52:16 pm »
I saw this one comment saying that minimum wage is "white privilidge."

It had more and tried to justify that claim but unfortunately my mind just did not comprehend those poor words that had been mangled into a mockery of sentences. Something about only those with privileges being able to have "rights" and therefore something something privilege.

But now I can't seem to find it anymore. Well that's not a great loss.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #685 on: July 27, 2013, 01:23:57 pm »

I just recently moved to a new city and I was unfamiliar with a lot of the retail stores, and I accidentally stepped into a plus-size store.
Clerk: This is a plus-sized store, like have you heard of that notion?  We don’t cater to skinny-ass anorexic bitches here.
Me: Uh… oh wow, I mean… there’s no need to speak to me like that… I didn’t know…
Clerk: Sure you didn’t, you skinny skanks are all alike, you come in here and try to oppress us fatties right out of our own stores! Get out, and don’t forget to check your damn privilege on the way out!

This reminds me of that Pretty Woman scene where they won't let her buy the clothes.

wrightway

« Reply #686 on: July 27, 2013, 01:31:37 pm »

No way is this true. No way. No reasonably trained sales clerk would act like this.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #687 on: July 27, 2013, 02:46:52 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #688 on: July 27, 2013, 03:43:47 pm »
The funny thing is, I can actually conceive of a social justice weirdo getting a job in retail & acting like that when she thinks no one is looking.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #689 on: July 27, 2013, 05:32:17 pm »

If headmates can have headmates* of their own, and the whole "factive" thing establishes that you can have an actual living person as a headmate, then I believe the logical next question is: Can A have B as headmate, who has C, who has D .... who has A, starting the cycle over again? Infinite recursion depth!

And of course, the obvious question after that is: Does Douglas Hofstadter have himself as a headmate?

*I'm sure the tumblrs have more specific terminology for this, differentiating "having a headmate" in the "system containing individual" and "individual sharing the head with other individual" interpretations, I mean the former in this case. Better formalised as "Can the set A have B as member, where B is a set that has A as a member? Of course, this violates Z-F set theory, but I doubt they would care.

In unrelated commentary:

Why is this here?
Σא