Author Topic: The big Syria scandal is over... now what?  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
The big Syria scandal is over... now what?
« on: September 30, 2013, 10:53:25 am »
[Disclaimer: I'm citing an article I wrote]
Now that the chemical weapons debacle seems to have been dealt with, it's time we focused on another, arguably more important aspect of the Syrian civil war: what is going to happen to the refugees? An estimated 2 million have fled to neighboring countries in the region, as well as Europe, while another 4 Million+ are displaced within Syria's borders. If we want to have a positive impact on anything involving this conflict, our best chance is to provide aid to those who never asked for violence.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
Re: The big Syria scandal is over... now what?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:09:25 am »
Just to get some scale, Libanon by now has refugees numbering 25+% of their own population.

And I do not think anything involving Syria right now is 'over', including C-weapons. The world is just going back to not giving a shit.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: The big Syria scandal is over... now what?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 01:48:14 am »
That's pretty much what I meant by 'over', yes. The weapons stockpiles are slated to be destroyed in November, I believe.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.