Author Topic: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries  (Read 63684 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2016, 04:42:09 am »
Ted Cruz is everything everybody hates

Fixed.

The fact that he has any follow at all is scary.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2016, 04:45:13 am »
Lt Fred, not because I doubt it's true but purely for the Schadenfreude, do you have a link to the comments from Ted's old roommate?

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2016, 04:59:44 am »
Lt Fred, not because I doubt it's true but purely for the Schadenfreude, do you have a link to the comments from Ted's old roommate?

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/ted-cruz-has-been-riduculed-years-his-former-college-roommate-who-turned-successful

Et al.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2016, 11:39:50 pm »
Thanks Fred.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2016, 04:56:31 pm »
Rafael wins

Rafael: Why do you fight, when you know you will lose?
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 12:27:22 am »
Damn Chris Christie kept that pimp hand strong. He's owned Rubio these last few debates. If he can hurt Rubio a bit more, he's definitely the only establishment Republican left who's viable (Kasich is boring, and Bush makes Kasich look like a one-man party), and that could work to secure him the nomination with Trump and Cruz splitting the authoritarian/anti-establishment vote. This GOP field is amazing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2016, 12:51:09 am »
Apparently people have realized Ted Cruz is totally fucking despicable, he's falling fast in New Hampshire.

Meaning...sigh...Trump...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2016, 01:33:09 pm »
Apparently people have realized Ted Cruz is totally fucking despicable, he's falling fast in New Hampshire.

Meaning...sigh...Trump...

Cruz is worse than Trump. I've mentioned a few times a book written by Bob Altemeyer called the Authoritarians. It is a great read and everyone should read it before the upcoming elections. To put it in perspective, Trump simply seeks to control people to have them do what he wants. In contrast, Cruz not only has that trait, but would also score highly on Altemeyer's RWA scale, making him a double-high. These people are incredibly egocentric, putting their wealth, luxury, and wants ahead of the needs of the masses. As seen from his claim that Carson was dropping out, they have a feeling that the rules shouldn't apply to them because "everyone else breaks the rules, I'd be stupid not to." They are also the most prejudiced among the individuals that Altemyer tested and are the most likely to demonize or attack minorities, women, and the LGBTQ community.

I mentioned before, but a professor of mine used to work for Cruz at a Texas law firm before he got into politics and before she became a professor. She said of him, "he is the most evil man I have ever met." Others who know him have said similar things.* For all of Trump's many faults, Cruz scares me a lot more than the Donald.

*Ted Cruz was a campaign manager for George Bush, while other managers got cozy government jobs, Bush placed Ted in a position that was removed from DC and not desireable. Bush also stated of Cruz, "I just don't like the guy." Cruz's freshman roommate in college had to say about Cruz, "I'm a republican, but I would never vote for him. I would vote for a random name in the phone book first." In sum, just about everyone who has met him hates him.

ETA: The book is available as a PDF online for anyone to download and read. The author allows its use for download, feeling that his findings were important enough that the possible benefit to society outweighs his monetary gains. As such, it is entirely legal to download and read. The link is available here.

ETA2: This is also the book I cited at Dynamic Dragon almost 3 years ago that made him lose his shit about anti-theists (specifically, that this does provide some evidence that religion is harmful to humanity in the aggregate, justifying my anti-theism), which lead to the discovery of his sock-puppetry, his meltdown, and his ban.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:46:32 pm by The_Queen »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 04:07:33 pm »
Well, I for one still take a bit of amusement from how silent the birthers have been about Cruz.
Who needs a signature?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2016, 04:30:09 pm »
He's white therefore he will escape their attention.

Ironbite-it's always been about the color of skin with those racists.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2016, 04:52:37 pm »
Well, I for one still take a bit of amusement from how silent the birthers have been about Cruz.

Well, he's not a Kenyan Muslim Atheist Anti-Christ Communist, is he?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 04:53:23 pm »

You forgot fascist.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 05:00:47 pm »

You forgot fascist.
No I didn't. I just didn't put it on the list because I cannot with 100% certainty say that he isn't one.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 05:04:07 pm »
ETA: The book is available as a PDF online for anyone to download and read. The author allows its use for download, feeling that his findings were important enough that the possible benefit to society outweighs his monetary gains. As such, it is entirely legal to download and read. The link is available here.

Fixed that link for you.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2016, 05:36:29 pm »
Yeah, I have heard stories that paint Cruz as mind-bendingly obviously sadistic. He's a psychopath with a messiah complex and an ego the size of Starkiller Base. He doesn't CARE if you don't want his "salvation", he's giving it to you.

...If he can get to Presidential Candidate so soon, maybe I should go into politics, once I get far enough...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:38:30 pm by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer