Author Topic: Pokemon Go thread  (Read 7350 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Pokemon Go thread
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 10:56:58 am »
People here are using the game to lure people for robbery. A nice quiet parking lot with bad guys waiting for them. So fat once a shift at work, I have to shoo customers trying to pretend catch an imaginary thingamajig from employee only areas, like the kitchen or by the registers. It's a nice thought. Anything that encourages powwow to be more active isn't an inherently bad thing. But please, everyone, pay attention to your surroundings as you play.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 11:06:09 am »
The game has been published in Finland too now. My wife's phone wasn't able to run it though (The OS is too old) so she has been running around with a tablet and considering updating to a newer phone.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 11:30:10 am »
These servers seem to crash once a day or so... It's like, making my way down town, walking fast, eggs just hatched, and the game's down :-/
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 11:42:01 am »
That's not much. My wife said the game crashes like 50% of the time when she is about to catch a Pokemon and it crashed when I tried to turn it on.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 01:14:55 pm »
There was a recent DDoS attack, and the servers are wildly unstable with such high volume, as well.

I haven't played yet. I kinda want to, but then it means going outside in this painful heat. It is funny to see loads more people playing outside, though.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2016, 01:15:39 pm »
These servers seem to crash once a day or so... It's like, making my way down town, walking fast, eggs just hatched, and the game's down :-/

To be fair, they recently suffered a DDoS.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 02:46:05 am »
People here are using the game to lure people for robbery. A nice quiet parking lot with bad guys waiting for them. So fat once a shift at work, I have to shoo customers trying to pretend catch an imaginary thingamajig from employee only areas, like the kitchen or by the registers. It's a nice thought. Anything that encourages powwow to be more active isn't an inherently bad thing. But please, everyone, pay attention to your surroundings as you play.

Someone told a story (I think on tumblr) about how their dad's colleague, a park ranger, was using lures to attract people into the park after hours so he could write up tickets.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 06:33:32 am »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 03:52:54 pm »
He sure showed them!

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
  • The fanciest little kitten
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 01:39:24 am »

That should be a meme.

Someone told a story (I think on tumblr) about how their dad's colleague, a park ranger, was using lures to attract people into the park after hours so he could write up tickets.

What a dick.

snip

Huh, that guy sounds pretty liberal but that's the kind of angry "stupid newfangled technology" type of rhetoric I'd expect from a grouchy old conservative.
It's me, the little fancy kitten

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 08:58:56 am »
Just got back from a pokemon go walk and had a morning of epic proportions.

1. Hatched a 550 CP Drowzee, which gave me enough candies to evolve it into an 1100 CP Hypno
2. Caught my first Meowth
3. Took over 8 gyms, held onto 6 long enough to cash in for 60 pokecoin and 3000 stardust
4. Caught a 500 CP Eevee that will evolve into a nice Flareon, Jolteon, or Vaporeon
5. Encountered and caught a Charmander
6. Hatched two slowpoke, one was 675 CP. They gave me enough candies to evolve the 675 CP Slowpoke into a 1500 CP Slowbro
7. Caught a 670 CP Growlithe, currently 13 candies away from it becoming an Arcanine

So, right now on my quest, I am level 21. I have a 1500 CP Slowbrow, a 1125 CP Vaporeon, an 1100 CP Hypno, an 1050 CP Flareon, a 1040 CP Lapras, a 1020 CP Jolteon, a 975 CP Pidgeot, and two 925 CP Jolteon. Behind that are two 825 CP Venomoth, an 825 CP Butterfree, and a 650 CP Beedrill

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2016, 01:20:20 pm »
I am level 10 and hate you all. :P
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2016, 02:00:09 pm »
pokemon go is still not out here and I hate you all even more
Σא

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2016, 04:54:22 pm »
pokemon go is still not out here and I hate you all even more

A couple days ago, I caught a 1500 CP exeggutor with Zen Headbutt and Solarbeam and evolved a 1520 CP Vaporeon.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2016, 05:16:34 pm »
Read "Zen Headbutt" as "Zen Halibut" and thought you'd caught TotalBiscuit.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.