Author Topic: Pastors Plot to Sue for Political Speech and Tax Exemption  (Read 3824 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Re: Pastors Plot to Sue for Political Speech and Tax Exemption
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 01:33:58 pm »
If they were set up for that specific purpose, that's fine. I'm talking about churches, or any charitable organization, starting to lobby on issues that fall outside their charitable charter.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline TheReasonator

• Bishop
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 08:55:53 am »
The rule should be the same for all non-profits that wish to keep the tax exempt status.

If they want to preach politics they have freedom of speech, but they need to be willing to pay the taxes.
I think we should tax any church that practices discrimination as well, because ordinary non-profits are not allowed to discriminate. I know the "women shouldn't be priests" attitude is pretty entrenched in the Catholic Church. That's fine, they can keep that rule. But they should pay their taxes.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 09:07:46 am »
I agree to a point. But politics are an avenue to change things you disagree with.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.