Author Topic: Look what I found in my Inbox!  (Read 18521 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Look what I found in my Inbox!
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 11:06:27 pm »
For those who set up "meetings" with these people, can't you notify the police and get at least one person/group stopped? I'm probably talking shit I know nothing about, but just wondering if there's really anything to be done besides just clicking delete.

It's very difficult to prove that they were scamming just by setting up a meeting with them. One needs to gather a fair amount of evidence to make the charges stick. That, and they probably don't want to encourage citizens going all vigilante like that.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2012, 02:17:57 pm »
I found this in my inbox this morning:

Re: Payment Notification:

We are writhing to know if it's true that you are DEAD? Because we received a notification from one MR. GERSHON SHAPIRO of USA stating that you are DEAD and that you have giving him the right to claim your funds. He stated you died on a CAR accident. He has been calling us regarding this issue, but we cannot proceed with him until we confirm this by not hearing from you after 7days. Be advised that we have made all arrangements for you to receive and confirm your funds without anymore stress, and without any further delays.

All we need to confirm now is your been DEAD Or still Alive. Because this MAN'S message brought shock to our minds. And we just can't proceed with him until we confirm if this is a reality OR not But if it happened we did not hear from you after 7days, then we say: MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE"

YOUR JOY AND SUCCESS REMAINS OUR GOAL.

May the peace of the Lord be with you wherever you may be now.
 Your Faithfully,
Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde
Acting Chairman/Chief Executive of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2012, 02:31:24 pm »
That's right, dude, YOU DIED ON A CAR ACCIDENT.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 02:52:14 pm »
They expect my car-wrecked remains to verify if I'm dead. Gyeonghwa zombie. . .
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Normandy

• Pope
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 06:51:58 pm »
I like how it implies that you can be assumed dead if you don't reply to an email for 7 days.  ::)

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 06:58:53 pm »
That's right, dude, YOU DIED ON A CAR ACCIDENT.

And now, Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde is WRITHING HIM!
-A Pen Name

Art Vandelay

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 05:59:56 am »
I love getting scams and phishing emails just to see how stupid they are. Like this one (My comments in purple):

Subject: BigPond ADSL Broadband Service Suspension [uh, I use AT&T]

Dear BigPond User, [you would think they'd bother to put my name]
Telstra BigPond is sending you this e-mail to inform you that our service to you could be suspended. [normally, you would send an email and a letter, possibly with a phone call] This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. You have changed your billing address. [no]
2. You have Submitted [sic] incorrect information during bill payment process.[sic]
3. Your credit/debit card has expired. [It expires 2013. If I was using you, you'd know that]
4. You didnt [sic] update your bigpond [sic - consistency is key to making you sound real, ya know] profile.

According to above [sic], and to ensure that your service is not interrupted [seems like an odd interjection. Consider revising], we request [this relative clause should start with "that] you to confirm and update your billing information now
BY CLICKING HERE. [All CAPS that's really going to convince me to click!]

If you have already confirmed your billing information[,] then please disregard this message as we are processing the changes you have made.

Regards,
Telstra
Billing Department
Thanks for your co-operation.

Accounts Management As outlined in our User Agreement, Telstra (r) [why not ®?] will
periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements.

Note to scammers: When attempting to scam Americans, posing as an Australian telecommunications network is a strategy with highly limited utility.

Offline A Pedant

• Neonate
    • I almost never post on my blog
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 05:55:58 am »
I like how it implies that you can be assumed dead if you don't reply to an email for 7 days.  ::)

Holy fuck, I'm dead!
Live Fats Die Yo Gnu