Author Topic: Rick Santorum Says the Darndest Things...  (Read 44237 times)

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
Rick Santorum Says the Darndest Things...
« on: January 05, 2012, 07:00:53 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnjEYcT6n-s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnjEYcT6n-s</a>

Silly, PC Americans, Santorum didn't say "black people" when he said, “I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money.” He said "blah people." Because that's totally a phrase.

I don't know, let's look at the evidence:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgLMghcPDVs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgLMghcPDVs</a>

For those without video capabilities:

Santorum allegedly made the controversial comments when discussing welfare in an interview Wednesday night with Fox News' Bill O'Reilly, but he maintained that people misheard the word "black" when he stumbled on a word.

“I looked at that, and I didn't say that. If you look at it, what I started to say is a word and then sort of changed and it sort of - blah - came out. And people said I said ‘black.’ I didn't," Santorum said while smiling away.

“And I can tell you, I don't use - I don't - first off, I don't use the term ‘black’ very often. I use the term ‘African-American’ more than I use ‘black' ... I think sometimes you want to give someone the benefit of the doubt if it's a little bit of a blurred word."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:04:08 pm by Shane for Wax »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Santorum Be Trollin'
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 07:42:22 pm »
Hey mods can we change the thread title to "Rick Santorum says the darndest things"?  sorta a catch-all Rick Santorum thread?  Cause I've got some doozies.

But this...yeah this is just stupid.  He's obviously a bigot and a racist and the fact that he has to backtrack all the time is disgusting.  But on to more disgusting things from ol' forthy.

We'll start off with a very nice expose on his views on how much government should keep out of the bedroom.  Just kidding.

Rick Santorum denies he linked homosexual sex to "man on dog" sex

Of course he totally did and here's his own words thrown in his face.

We have laws in states, like the one at the Supreme Court right now, that has sodomy laws and they were there for a purpose. Because, again, I would argue, they undermine the basic tenets of our society and the family. And if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does. It all comes from, I would argue, this right to privacy that doesn't exist in my opinion in the United States Constitution, this right that was created, it was created in Griswold -- Griswold was the contraceptive case -- and abortion. And now we're just extending it out. And the further you extend it out, the more you -- this freedom actually intervenes and affects the family. You say, well, it's my individual freedom. Yes, but it destroys the basic unit of our society because it condones behavior that's antithetical to strong healthy families. Whether it's polygamy, whether it's adultery, where it's sodomy, all of those things, are antithetical to a healthy, stable, traditional family.

Every society in the history of man has upheld the institution of marriage as a bond between a man and a woman. Why? Because society is based on one thing: that society is based on the future of the society. And that's what? Children. Monogamous relationships. In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing. And when you destroy that you have a dramatic impact on the quality--

Amazing isn't it?  He's got an amazing track record for denying what he himself said because it's not politically viable.  Here's a though Rick...STOP SAYING STUPID SHIT!  But on to more stuff.

I just love his views on Judicial independence.  In fact, he's even got a plan about how to deal with judges who piss off conservatives.

Send them to Guam

Sure you don't want to send them to Gitmo there Ricky?  Because it sounds to me that's what you want to do.  Oh and just because the Judaical branch is listed in Article III in the Constitution doesn't mean it's third place in and the least powerful of the branches of Government.  But then again, you barely understand anything about government now do you?

Ironbite-really wish we lived in a world where this man didn't have a political future.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
Re: Rick Santorum Says the Darndest Things...
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 09:28:51 pm »
"Gay people should stop being gay"
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

shykid

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 09:54:53 pm »
blah people, lol.

Lemme guess. He has "blah friends," right?

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 10:03:02 pm »
blah people, lol.

Lemme guess. He has "blah friends," right?

They always have "blah friends"

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:05:01 pm »
Yes, you did say black people:

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:55:04 pm »
And then there's this:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7HZZ16kkMM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7HZZ16kkMM</a>

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 12:03:30 am »
Wait...a third of all the  young people in american are not...in American today because of...abortion?

Ironbite-my brain hurts.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 12:11:49 am »
Wait...a third of all the  young people in american are not...in American today because of...abortion?

Ironbite-my brain hurts.
If I were Santorum I'd use something called citations
Me: you see Santorum when you use large numbers you will be called a liar so what you use is a citation to show that your numbers are from a legit source

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 12:20:41 am »
And this:

We have laws in states, like the one at the Supreme Court right now, that has sodomy laws and they were there for a purpose. Because, again, I would argue, they undermine the basic tenets of our society and the family. And if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 12:27:22 am »

Ironbite-my brain hurts.
Me: you see Santorum when you use large numbers you will be called a liar so what you use is a citation to show that your numbers are from a legit source

IIRC, that comes from one statistic which included miscarriages as abortions.

Because miscarriages may be self induced or some bullshit.

EDIT: For clarity
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:29:16 am by QueenofHearts »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 12:35:52 am »
And this:

We have laws in states, like the one at the Supreme Court right now, that has sodomy laws and they were there for a purpose. Because, again, I would argue, they undermine the basic tenets of our society and the family. And if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does.

Wow, he actually argued in favour of policing people's sex life, because "it's icky", no less.

He's seriously the best the Republicans could come up with? Really?! At this rate, Obama could projectile shit right into a homeless orphan baby's face and he'd still win by a landslide.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 01:32:01 am »

Ironbite-my brain hurts.

IIRC, that comes from one statistic which included miscarriages as abortions.

Because miscarriages may be self induced or some bullshit.

EDIT: For clarity
Is it possible to determine whether or not a miscarriage is induced?  I can see why Santorum left that out.  He does that a lot.  See using is uninsurable daughter as a mouthpiece against denying coverage based on preexisting illness.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 01:34:00 am »
It's a fairly traditional conservative argument- society is permanently on a knife's edge and any attempt to make major reform can only cause it's collapse.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR