Author Topic: Church promotes use of bleach enemas on autistic children  (Read 8440 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Church promotes use of bleach enemas on autistic children
« on: June 10, 2012, 12:08:50 am »
Not sure if this has been posted before, I just laid eyes on this truly awful news on io9.

A "church" called Genesis 2 run by a guy called "Bishop James Humble" has been promoting the use of industrial bleach enemas to to treat autistic children.

The article quotes a harrowing account by a mother who was performing Mr Humble's "treatments" on her autistic son. It's not pleasant reading.

Another mother set up a blog to describe trying MMS on both her autistic son and herself, a sufferer of rheumatoid arthritis. It's heartbreaking but also enraging to read her posts as they reveal more than she seems to see: Her son develops a sudden extreme fear of the bathtub, and she can't seem to understand why, even though six days earlier, she wrote that they were about to try an "MMS bath" (i.e., a bleach solution bath) on him. Then suddenly, the blog ends with, "I cannot continue this blog. Sorry."

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Church promotes use of bleach enemas on autistic children
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 12:12:39 am »
What.. the... fuck...
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 12:14:17 am »
That's fucking child abuse, and doesn't even deserve to be called "alternative medicine" or whatever crackpot name he's come up with the justify this nonsense.

I feel sorry for all the kids who have to go through this, and also for the parents who were duped into thinking it was a good idea.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 12:48:14 am »
So...jail time for this moron?

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 12:52:40 am »
Yes, jail time.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 01:22:57 am »
Prison, more likely, the whole thing reeks of depraved indifference.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 01:26:04 am »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 01:36:03 am »
And there are people who believe that MMS is not Bleach, and yet whine about the mercury in vaccinations.

Morons.  Your children should not suffer for your idiocy.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 01:42:42 am »
So...jail time for this moron?

I hope so.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 01:59:42 am »
And there are people who believe that MMS is not Bleach, and yet whine about the mercury in vaccinations.

Hell, on the website itself it touts its product as chlorine dioxide, which is not just a kind of bleach, but an explosive gas as well. Outside of being illiterate and Amish, there is no excuse to not know this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach#Chlorine_dioxide

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 02:31:58 am »

Well, speak of the devil (and by devil, I mean a commenter on the original blog):

Ms. Willingham: Perhaps your alarmist and misinformed tirades would be more believable if you made the minor effort of holding your conclusions before presenting the "evidence".
Let a thinking, critical and well informed reader make their own conclusions before you prompt and cue them as if they were sheep as to how the should feel and react.
re : "what I describe here is child abuse and tantamount to torture of autistic children. It is harrowing and horrifying."
The numerous appeals to the authority of the FDA as the non-plus ultra of scientific and medical correctness ring hollow to me when one merely recalls that this was the same agency that in the 80's approved vaccination schedules that contained more mercury INJECTED directly into children than the mericury it it was warning pregnant women to keep from eating by limiting their tuna intake.
All humans make mistakes, and the FDA is a human agency.
I know Ms. Rivera personally and will vouch for her love and devotion to her children. She would never do anything to hurt them. In fact, she has dedicated her life to helping them. And help them and others she has !

Of course, I could just be slow and this is what you were actually referencing.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 02:35:34 am »
These people need to be placed in a remote facility in the wilderness, with an on-site nuclear bomb that will detonate if they make any kind of escape attempt, to ensure that they never come into contact with children again.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 02:50:31 am »

Well, speak of the devil (and by devil, I mean a commenter on the original blog):

Ms. Willingham: Perhaps your alarmist and misinformed tirades would be more believable if you made the minor effort of holding your conclusions before presenting the "evidence".
Let a thinking, critical and well informed reader make their own conclusions before you prompt and cue them as if they were sheep as to how the should feel and react.
re : "what I describe here is child abuse and tantamount to torture of autistic children. It is harrowing and horrifying."
The numerous appeals to the authority of the FDA as the non-plus ultra of scientific and medical correctness ring hollow to me when one merely recalls that this was the same agency that in the 80's approved vaccination schedules that contained more mercury INJECTED directly into children than the mericury it it was warning pregnant women to keep from eating by limiting their tuna intake.
I know Ms. Rivera personally and will vouch for her love and devotion to her children. She would never do anything to hurt them. In fact, she has dedicated her life to helping them. And help them and others she has !

I... just... sigh

The FDA doesn't make things "medically correct," it just oversees certain products and licenses to make sure nobody's slipping cyanide into the sleeping pills. America is actually very lax on alternative medicine compared to some other developed countries. It is perfectly legal, for instance, for a company to sell an alt-med product that makes all sorts of bizarre health claims, as long as it provides a disclaimer that the FDA has not reviewed those statements. If that company tried to put its product through FDA scrutiny, it would certainly fail, so it's much easier to just slap the disclaimer on.

The FDA is not a determiner of scientific fact. What we know about medicine comes from a rigorous peer-review process conducted by multiple individuals, organizations, and other entities.

I have no problem with people reaching their own dumbass conclusions and inflicting it upon themselves (if you wanna be the next Darwin Award recipient by shooting bleach up your butt, power to you), but inflicting it upon a child, who has no say in the matter, is downright irresponsible.

Also ethylmercury vs. methylmercury yadda yadda yadda.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 02:59:41 am »

It is, but I wouldn't call you slow for it.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 05:11:17 am »
These people need to be placed in a remote facility in the wilderness, with an on-site nuclear bomb that will detonate if they make any kind of escape attempt, to ensure that they never come into contact with children again.

Hey, don't nuke the wilderness.

That plan would work just as well on the dark side of the moon and they'd be further away!