Author Topic: Have you heard of 9/11?  (Read 2047 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Have you heard of 9/11?
« on: September 24, 2012, 08:15:31 pm »
Reporter goes to Afghanistan with some photos from the events of September 11th, and one guy thought the pictures were from Kabul.  And it wasn't just the villagers that were oblivious- it was the Afghan Police, and even the locals used as translators by NATO.  And to top it off, a Marine trying to explain the events...gets it wrong.       

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJubz22D6AY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJubz22D6AY</a>

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Have you heard of 9/11?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:40:55 pm »
I'm surprised, but also dismayed that I'm surprised because this should have been obvious.

Americans tend to blow up their own problems to epic proportions (the kind such as "The entire world should know about this") and yet don't give a fuck about anyone else's problems except Israel.

This also makes me realize that, perhaps from the viewpoint of the Afghanistan civilians, they were being invaded by a whole bunch of foreigners for something they didn't even know about.  That makes an already terrible war even more terrible.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 03:26:46 am »
It has been 11 years already. It isn't all that surprising that people have forgotten about 9/11.
If I remember there was even a poll in America asking Americans what they knew about 9/11, and the results were pretty shocking, especially considering that the country went to war for 10 years because of it.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 12:41:27 am »
I'm not shocked in the least. Pearl Harbor had the same thing happen, albeit much more abruptly. We talk about Pearl Harbor once a year, then we get on with it.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 05:46:26 am »
Fun fact: Some of the 18-year-olds entering the military this year were in the 2nd grade (7-8 years old) when 9/11 happened.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 04:53:44 pm »
Americans have extremely short atten ... oh, look, a birdie!
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.