Author Topic: Voting machines in Ohio programmed to cheat for Obama!  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Voting machines in Ohio programmed to cheat for Obama!
« on: November 03, 2012, 05:18:25 am »
And it's been claimed to happen in other states such as NC as well.  Apparently, especially according to Fox News, machines all over the state are being programmed to vote for Obama if Romney's name is pressed. 

Of course, when I looked into details, I found this;

http://www.inquisitr.com/384347/ohio-early-voting-a-machine-allegedly-showed-obama-vote-when-romney-box-pressed/

Apparently, ONE person in Ohio claimed her machine wasn't working.  Not the whole state, and not 3 states.  ONE person.  Also;

State elections officials reportedly had the problematic machine inspected. Similar review measures were reportedly taken in North Carolina to ensure that the desired choices were logged properly.

Marion County Board of Elections Director Sophia Rogers had this to say on the Ohio early voting incident:

“Because of her issue, we had that machine recalibrated. I am certain the equipment works properly.”

Rogers also noted that the voting machine used by Stevens worked without issue when she tested it and that no one else had reported any malfunctions. The director also added that, for residents concerned about using the electronic touch-screen machines, paper ballots are still available for use.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/384347/ohio-early-voting-a-machine-allegedly-showed-obama-vote-when-romney-box-pressed/#u81sh3CzJk5ydPEV.99

So, they took the cheating machine apart, tested it, and found ZERO problems. 

Okay, Republicans, what other B.S. are you going to throw out there?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Voting machines in Ohio programmed to cheat for Obama!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 05:31:14 am »
Anytime you want to know what the Republican party is doing, just look at what they're accusing the Democrats of doing.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Distind

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 06:16:51 am »
I still wanna know how you can fuck up a setup as simple as a voting machine. Pull lever, record vote. Push button, record vote. Basic fucking computing, yet we still have machines which barely work.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 06:42:10 am »
I still wanna know how you can fuck up a setup as simple as a voting machine.

Very carefully.

And I mean that non-ironically, for once.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 11:44:03 am »
This actually did happen in NC in one voting location with a couple of machines.  There were at least  2 people that reported a problem.  The machine was recalibrated and resolved the problem.  This happened in the county that borders the one I live in.  Here's an article about it.

So no, it's not a Democrat conspiracy or a Republican false accusation.  It's just one of those things that happens from time to time.  Voting machines are basically computers and the can get glitches in them.  No biggie unless it isn't fixed when reported by the voter.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.