Author Topic: Another Divine command "moralist".  (Read 1962 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Another Divine command "moralist".
« on: July 12, 2013, 08:26:14 pm »
You can keep track of this guy's shenannigans here.

I would say whatever god decrees is good is good. There are many apologetics on this but I think a relevant point is you are making a moral judgment of gods actions with no standard to do so. Why should I believe you that killing babies in 1 Sam 15 is just as wrong as murdering a baby today?

Just skim around through that thread and you'll see this guy's depravity on display.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Re: Another Divine command "moralist".
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 04:36:10 pm »
This position concedes that morality is, indeed, relative. 
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:48:22 am »
He's probably a Calvinist.  They're the only ones depraved enough to resort to buy into such sociopathic reasoning.   

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 06:00:05 pm »
He's probably a Calvinist.  They're the only ones depraved enough to resort to buy into such sociopathic reasoning.

Not to mention blatant hypocrisy. God's moral law is absolute for everyone except me. I'm exempt from the law because...just because.

wrightway

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 06:05:27 pm »

Not to mention blatant hypocrisy. God's moral law is absolute for everyone except me. I'm exempt from the law because...just because.

I thought Calvinists believed in predetermination? Not so much that they're exempt, but more that god is a sociopath who's made up his mind for or against you no matter what you do.