Author Topic: Welcome to Night Vale  (Read 1205 times)

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
Welcome to Night Vale
« on: August 18, 2013, 03:02:11 am »
"Listeners, we are currently fielding numerous reports that books have stopped working. It seems that all over Night Vale, books have simply ceased functioning. The scientists are studying one of the broken books to see if they can understand just what is going on here. The exact problem is currently unclear, but some of the words being used include ‘sparks,’ ‘meat smell,’ ‘biting,’ and ‘lethal gas.’ For your own safety, please do not attempt to open a book until we have more information on the nature and cause of these problems. The city council has released only a brief statement, indicating that their stance on books has not changed, and that, as always, they believe that books are dangerous and inadvisable, and should not be kept in private homes."

Welcome to Night Vale is a podcast that is made twice a month and is a newscast for a fictional town called Night Vale which has lovecraftish problems.  The Dog Park has cloaked figures roaming around it with people disappearing when getting near it, a glow cloud rains dead animals onto the town, angels are hanging out in people's houses.  I just recently found this through another podcast called the GCC but it's apparently got a big following on Tumblr. 

Website
Feedburner

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Welcome to Night Vale
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 02:26:32 pm »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!  IT'S INFECTED HERE TOO!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 05:12:52 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks everything Lovecraft gets way too much love?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 12:31:38 am »
Am I the only one who thinks everything Lovecraft gets way too much love?

-kicks you down a well- THAT!!!!!! WASN'T!!!!!! FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:33:31 am by Itachirumon »
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 03:25:15 am »
I've listened to the first few episodes of that, yeah it's pretty interesting. And yes, it has a big following on Tumblr, that's how I found it.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.