Author Topic: IRS Scandal Again  (Read 3192 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
IRS Scandal Again
« on: August 20, 2013, 11:09:57 pm »
Thankfully, it's good news this time: Link

Basically, new evidence shows that the IRS targeted more than just Tea Party and other conservative groups, as well as the previous fact who actually was denied.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: IRS Scandal Again
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:09:44 am »
So, basically, this was a bullshit scandal from the get go?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 07:12:11 am »
Yes.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 07:29:43 am »
BAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAH.

Ahh, this is hilarious.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 07:54:34 am »
So basically they were doing their jobs?

Ironbite-and this moron invented something out of whole cloth?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 09:15:09 am »
The scandal is that there was no scandal.

Who'da thunk?

*raises hand*
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 11:07:04 am »
Aww. I found the idea of an asshole war fun :( That said, glad they were doing the right thing after all, and especially glad that they're not turning a blind eye to Israel's genocide stuff, unlike the rest of the federal govt.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 02:38:47 pm »
Bet ten bucks the Republicans won't stop using this against Obama.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 05:35:39 pm »

Yeah, they won't. It's not like there are more pressing issues at hand like the economy that's in the toilet or anything of that nature.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 09:05:57 pm »

Are they still trying to use Benghazi against him? Then of course you're right. They don't care about anything but their own power. I've always believed that the ultimate goal of American conservatives is a return to the feudal system. Lies are just another way to control.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Death.

• Neonate
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 03:06:08 pm »
Aww. I found the idea of an asshole war fun :( That said, glad they were doing the right thing after all, and especially glad that they're not turning a blind eye to Israel's genocide stuff, unlike the rest of the federal govt.

It's not hard to see who the bad guys are.

Bad guys blow up children at bus stops and in discos. Bad guys keep weapons caches in schools and ambulances.

Good guys target the bombers and leaders.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 03:21:44 am »

It's not hard to see who the bad guys are.

Bad guys blow up children at bus stops and in discos. Bad guys keep weapons caches in schools and ambulances.

Good guys target the bombers and leaders.
And yet our government still sides with the bad guys and gives billions to Israel.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 06:13:13 am »
As much as I've railed against Israel, I must say I'm uncomfortable with the notion of painting one side "the Good Guys" and one side "the Bad Guys".

They've both got bad elements, and they've both got good elements.  Not necessarily in equal proportion, but nonetheless, the issues are far too complicated to simply be boiled down to "These are good guys, these are bad guys"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 06:44:55 am »
As much as I've railed against Israel, I must say I'm uncomfortable with the notion of painting one side "the Good Guys" and one side "the Bad Guys".

They've both got bad elements, and they've both got good elements.  Not necessarily in equal proportion, but nonetheless, the issues are far too complicated to simply be boiled down to "These are good guys, these are bad guys"
Honestly, I agree, I was being a bit snarky there. That said, in the end, you have to oppose one side and help another, or stay out of it. I don't think any of us like the "stay out of it" option, so while things are grey/gray, we can't respond like they are. We have to work with one side and against the other, and it's easier to get people to work with you if you say "these are good, these are bad" rather than "well, both have good and bad, and both have positive and negative traits". That causes people to think and try to come to their own decision, which isn't very good when you're trying to rally people to your side.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 07:12:57 am »
Actually you don't necessarily have to "pick a side." You can say that both sides have done horrible things and at this point ending the bloodshed is more important than anything else. Then you can try to persuade/coerce/force both sides to stop fighting and concentrating on rebuilding.

Perhaps they can even become more civil and even friendlier with each other once they aren't shooting at each other all the time.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!