Author Topic: 6 Most Humiliating Public Failures by Celebrity Psychics  (Read 4375 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
6 Most Humiliating Public Failures by Celebrity Psychics
« on: September 08, 2013, 01:54:55 am »
The good people at Cracked have compiled a list of amusing public failures by famous "psychics".

http://www.cracked.com/article_20566_the-6-most-humiliating-public-failures-by-celebrity-psychics.html

My personal favourite:

#5. Psychics Channel the Ghost of a Fake Person

A British television entertainer wanted to test the abilities of three psychics, inviting them to an abandoned chocolate factory to try to summon the spirit of its long-deceased owner. Amazingly, the psychics were all able to channel the ghost of the man -- an American named George Bull -- and provide a startlingly accurate account of his life on the spot. He had managed the factory in the late 1800s. Angry, aggressive, and generally the opposite of Willy Wonka, Bull got himself killed on the job when he caused a team of delivery horses to panic and trample him.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4qGfNViVN8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4qGfNViVN8</a>

That's incredible information the psychics were able to glean just from speaking to the spirit, especially considering that Bull never existed and his story was completely made up on the spot.

In preparation for the show, the producers had planted fake information about George Bull on the chocolate factory's website and hung a fake photograph of him in the foyer. Even though they were told nothing about the story beforehand, the mediums still managed to channel a guy named George who got trampled by horses -- in other words, they revealed that they possessed the amazing power to do a basic Google search.

I'm surprised that none of Sylvia Browne's numerous false predictions made the list, particularly when her accuracy rate is actually lower than what one would expect from random chance, but it's a good read nonetheless.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: 6 Most Humiliating Public Failures by Celebrity Psychics
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 06:09:51 am »
The fake accent that woman put on in the "semi-trance" had me rolling with laughter. Always a good day when these dummies get exposed.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 11:21:30 am »
CALL ME NAO FER YER FREE READIN'!

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 11:46:16 am »
CALL ME NAO FER YER FREE READIN'!

Oh Miss Cleo, what happened to you?

... seriously though, what happened to her? her commercials always gave me a laugh.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 11:49:17 am »
She got charged with fraud by the feds. lmfao

Sorry for this being so off topic so soon.

As for the article, I really do find myself suspicious of tv psychics who seem to know everything about a place even tho they claim to know nothing (Jon Snow). I would be that dick who would trip up all the psychics visiting my alleged haunted house.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 11:54:47 am »

As for the article, I really do find myself suspicious of tv psychics who seem to know everything about a place even tho they claim to know nothing (Jon Snow). I would be that dick who would trip up all the psychics visiting my alleged haunted house.

And I'd be right there with you messing with them for my 'ancestral home'.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 01:27:33 pm »

And I'd be right there with you messing with them for my 'ancestral home'.

And I'd be right there with popcorn.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 03:54:00 pm »
And the popcorn will be schadenfreude flavoured. The very best.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 05:08:17 pm »
Love it!
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 05:27:10 pm »
http://www.imsdb.com/transcripts/South-Park-The-Biggest-Douche-In-The-Universe.html

STAN: I'm saying this to you, John Edward, you are a liar, you are a fake, and you are the biggest douche ever!
JOHN EDWARD: Everything I tell people is positive and gives them hope! How does that make me a douche?!
STAN: Because the big questions in life are tough: Why are we here? Where are we from? Where are we going? But if people believe in asshole douchey liars like you, we're never gonna find the real answer to those questions. You aren't just lying, you're slowing down the progress of all mankind, you douche!
JOHN EDWARD: I'M NOT A DOUCHE! And I challenge you to a psychic showdown! I'll prove to the world that I'm psychic and you're not!
STAN: Fine, douche!
JOHN EDWARD: I'm not a douche!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 06:41:39 am »
This reminded me of one time Derek Acorah did a show in Belfast a few years back.  I didn't witness it sadly, but my brother was there and apparently it was glorious.

The audience spent the entire night just fucking with him, stringing him along saying yes to all this info he was giving them about their relative as if everything he was saying about them was spot on.  And then after a few mintutes the audience member he was talkiing to would interrupt and say, "Oh wait I just remembered, I don't have a relative with that name/that relative is still alive actually."  Things like that. All night.  I wish I'd been there.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 09:09:58 am »
In fairness to cold readers, it wouldn't surprise me if at least some of them actually believe in their own psychic abilities. Back when I was still swallowing any psychic phenomena hook, line and sinker, I had a few runs of lucky guesses that almost convinced me I was psychic.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 09:33:37 am »
Reminds me of The Salvation War, where the real, honest to goodness psychics are all in mental hospitals because they've been talking to people in hell and having their minds taken over by daemons.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 12:14:07 pm »
Reminds me of The Salvation War, where the real, honest to goodness psychics are all in mental hospitals because they've been talking to people in hell and having their minds taken over by daemons.

Fucking hell, I knew Sylvia Browne had to be a demon. I mean, her voice...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:52:29 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 03:22:25 pm »
In fairness to cold readers, it wouldn't surprise me if at least some of them actually believe in their own psychic abilities. Back when I was still swallowing any psychic phenomena hook, line and sinker, I had a few runs of lucky guesses that almost convinced me I was psychic.
Makes sense. My girlfriend could make a living as a fake psychic. She just has a natural skill at cold reading, and I could see the deluded believing that it's supernatural.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.