Rubbish > Preaching and Worship

religious chain letter thingamie!

(1/3) > >>

Caitshidhe:
Boything and i got this weird, stupid, hilarious religious chain letter thingy in the mail. We've lived here for a year and it was addressed to 'Resident', so I have no idea why we got it. Maybe the previous tenant signed up for it. Anyway, it's so full of silliness and stupid that I decided to take pictures of it and share the crazy! Enjoy!

(click to show/hide)

An awful lot of stuff came in it! We thought it was going to be some pamphlets, but it was oh-so-much better!

Long CAPSLOCK, BOLDED, and random red underlined letter saying that if you ask your imaginary friend hard enough you can totes get what you want! Apparently they prayed over 'our address', which probably explains the rash I developed.

Write down your needs so we can pretend to help! Church address blanked out. What's this 'prayer rug' they're talking about anyway? Must be majorly special to be so important for the church to want it back...

A big ol' sheet of paper with ALL CAPS and some really dumb claims. I PRAYED AND THEY SENT ME THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL! Or some shit.

I was healed! PRAAAAIISE! And stuff. Pointy finger. Bible verses.

Prayer rug! But it's a poster. And you can't even keep it! What the shit, this is such a letdown! I wanted it to cry blood or some shit, instead it's a cheap poster printed on newspaper!

Closeup of the bottom of the 'prayer rug'.

Back of the prayer rug poster with even more silly claims to pray your troubles away and send the thing on because all you apparently need is to pray once. Do the starving and terminally I'll know this...?

Most baffling part of all, a **Sealed Prophecy** that you CAN'T OPEN unless you participate! No seriously, DO NOT OPEN! It's sealed in RED!

OoooOoOOOoo! Should I open it?! Or do as this venerable, ancient 63-year-old ministry who randomly sent us shit out of nowhere says and DESTROY IT so we can, I dunno, save Middle Earth or some shit.

Hope you got a laugh out of the silliness! I thought you guys may get a kick out if how ridiculous and snake-oil-esque it was. I still haven't opened the 'Prophecy' yet but Boything and Tay (our awesome roommate) think it'll be pretty stupid. I'm inclined to agree...

Ultimate Paragon:

Igor:
Reminds me of this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYwLGYVrUn4

ironbite:
I love this!  I really do!

Ironbite-should totally send them back something...LIKE MILK!

davedan:
Please open the prophecy and show us. Also I agree with Ironbite send them back milk in a plastic bag or better yet very old cream. Or just plain old talcum powder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version