Author Topic: Advertising That You Don't Discriminate Is Discriminating Against Christians  (Read 2741 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
http://news.yahoo.com/sore-winners-christian-group-offended-mississippi-businesses-wont-174846100.html

These people really won't be satisfied until the world is united under a single Christian theocracy, will they?

Edited to add my reaction to their complaints:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm6F-K6Ffo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm6F-K6Ffo</a>
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:43:21 pm by R. U. Sirius »
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
They don't call 'em "dominionists" for nothin.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Do I even have to make fun of this?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard

The mere thought of dominionists makes my blood boil, partially because I was almost taken in by that mindset as an ignorant kid, partially because they are the greatest threat to American liberty, and they use the name of American liberty to perpetuate this threat.

Do I even have to make fun of this?

You're right, their own behavior is hilarious enough.

Still, if you want to, go right ahead - life is about doing unnecessary things for unnecessary reasons.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
These motherfuckers for real? I consider it the moral duty of all upstanding citizens to continually offend these dummies. Go to their churches wearing ass-less leather pants and a whip or sumthin'. Just for funzies.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Just like any openly LGBT person being anywhere in media is "forcing it down our throats."

Seriously, the latest Eurovision winner brought up some protests and complaints from bigots (funnily enough even though Russian politicians and priests were amongst the loudest complainers the act/song got a lot of votes from Russia) simply because they did not approve of "Wurst's" appearance.

There are bigots who complain about the mere existence of non-heterosexual people, but there are bigots who claim that they are more tolerant and instead complain about every non-closeted LGBT person as if that is some show of tolerance. Really. "I have nothing against them gays but I just don't like all this gay-propaganda." "Not my business what they do at home but do they need to advertise their 'lifestyle.'" ...Bitch, you start screaming and call police if you see two men holding hands.

There are bigots who have no problem if the schools are teaching that all non-hetero "lifestyles" are evil/sin/unnatural BUT they will throw a hissyfit if someone even dares to suggest that it is ok to be LGBT. So demonizing others is just fine but EVEN if they aren't demonizing YOUR sexuality. EVEN if no one has ever suggested that there is anything wrong at being straight and simply say that the other alternatives are also natural and ok THAT is suddenly persecution...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Just like any openly LGBT person being anywhere in media is "forcing it down our throats."

<snip>

I see this exact same phrase over and over again from the fanatic Dominionist types. There needs to be a brutally honest meme for this....all Freudian, hot and homo-y imagery. Lots of leather, bindings, and maybe a Prince Albert on the object of desire.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Back when we were FSTDT the main page had some woman who went all out and said all kind of shit about full on Christian BDSM. Said she wanted her and her husband to be bound in leather and whipped by Jesus.

Of course there was also the person who said stuff about how the "personal relationship with Jesus" thing was a lot more literal and when she and her husband fucked, Jesus was there and it was actually a spiritual three way.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
"Spiritual Three-Way" needs to be a song.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
Stuff like this makes it so blatant that fundies are just hiding behind religion to be assholes, yet still appear "righteous". 

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen