Author Topic: Something is HAPPENING in Russia  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Something is HAPPENING in Russia
« on: March 13, 2015, 08:39:53 am »
First there are rumours that Putin may have gotten sick (or even had a heart attack) as he misses important scheduled meetings:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/11466318/Vladimir-Putin-delays-Kazakh-visit-but-no-health-problems-insists-Kremlin.html

...then we get this:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YASm8LU4y00" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YASm8LU4y00</a>

Military helicopter landing in Kremlin.

Now we have rumours about a coup de tat in Russia...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Something is HAPPENING in Russia
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 09:07:18 am »
Fingers crossed.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 09:07:52 am »
Might Russia have another Lenin on their hands?  If so, I hope this one manages to stay alive long enough to make the country work again, instead of dying right before he'd gotten shit straightened out.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 10:21:24 am »
Well this should be interesting. Putin, for all his flaws, wasn't the worst leader Russia could have had. They could have had a communist or an ultra nationalist in charge, which would have made Putin look benevolent.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 10:35:19 am »
Well this should be interesting. Putin, for all his flaws, wasn't the worst leader Russia could have had. They could have had a communist or an ultra nationalist in charge, which would have made Putin look benevolent.
...Putin is an ultra nationalist who had declared that he is going to build a "Novorossija" which will contain all the area that was "historically" part of Russia. Which, would basically include all the East European countries that were under Soviet rule (even if they pretended to be free.)

Well, I've warned you people. Don't come to me and complain that there was no way to see how this would end.

...Honestly, I know that this could be a false alarm but I am kinda, teeny bit nervous.

Which may have something to do with the fact that I live next door from Russia. Not to mention that my wife is about to give birth on next monday so I have other reasons to be nervous already.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 10:51:31 am »
From what I understand, there are Russian nationalists who are even worse than Putin. Putin, from the way it was explained to me, is a popularist. His coalition in the government is made up of as many factions as he can get together for support, but beyond winning and being in charge, he doesn't personally hold much of an ideology.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 01:05:47 pm »
New information:

And a link to the original post in Russian:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B__aSBZUMAEpAfj.png

So, the mystery will be revealed soon enough.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 02:25:35 pm »
[Interest Intensifies]

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 05:04:09 pm »
Could the assignation of that one critic of Putin's have been the tipping point?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 05:09:09 pm »
Could the assignation of that one critic of Putin's have been the tipping point?

It's possible.  After all, Benigno Aquino's assassination played a major role in ending the regime of Ferdinand Marcos.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 06:35:48 pm »
Askold, can you link to that screen captured article? Methinks the interwebs is about to meltdown....hee.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 02:21:11 am »
Askold, can you link to that screen captured article? Methinks the interwebs is about to meltdown....hee.
I did. The link below the picture takes you to the article (but you need google translate.)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 04:26:57 am »
If it is a coup, which we don't know if it is, there's no reason to think whatever pissed off general is behind it is any less ultra-nationalist than Putin.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 11:26:49 am »
Ah HA!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwYluN56eQY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwYluN56eQY</a>

link to source news story video

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/ukraine-cartoon-sees-russias-putin-194925153.html

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 05:32:54 pm »
Uh oh, whatever is happening, I hope it's a positive development. Was V-Poo overthrown? Was there a coup? THE PLOT THICKENS!