Author Topic: Police miss suspect, bystanders harmed, suspect charged for assault  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Basically, the NYPD were called in when a deranged man was making a ruckus, interfering with the traffic and talking to the voices inside his head. Since this was the NYPD they tried to shoot him and because this was the NYPD they instead hit innocent bystanders.

Because admitting that the police have harmed innocent civilians is not something they want to do they decided to instead charge the suspect with assault and make him take the blame. ...Because if he hadn't tempted the police to shoot him by pointing "finger gun" at them they would not have been forced to shoot innocent people. (Because actually making sure that there is nothing behind your target or using a taser BEFORE trying to use real guns is not how things are done in NYPD apparently.)

This happened in 2013.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/nyregion/unarmed-man-is-charged-with-wounding-bystanders-shot-by-police-near-times-square.html?_r=0

The reason I'm bringing this up is that the case was finally closed January this year... (Ok, I'm still almost year late with this but I don't remember seeing it here before and only today saw the story.)

http://nypost.com/2015/01/21/deranged-man-who-talked-to-dead-relatives-takes-plea-deal/

The deranged man cops tried to subdue and mistakenly believed was armed when they opened fire, accidentally shooting two female tourists in Times Square in 2013, took a no-jail plea deal.

“I’m very happy Mr Broadnax finally got to go home to his family considering he didn’t really do anything to deserve over a year in jail for the actions of the police officers,” said defense lawyer Rigodis Appling at a hearing Wednesday to confirm her client is in compliance with mental health treatment.

Basically, "Just say that it was your fault so that we don't look bad and we'll let you go back home" kind of deal.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Police miss suspect, bystanders harmed, suspect charged for assault
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 11:32:57 am »
"But, Ma! He made me wanna hit him! It's his fault I missed and broke Sally's jaw!"
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 04:10:41 pm »
Cops - as always, they take your most inbred relatives and give them a gun and a badge.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 06:53:11 pm »
This reminds me of a time my sister tried to punch me, so I put my forearm up, her forearm hit mine, and she tried to convince my mom (who was standing right there and saw the whole thing) that I hit her.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 09:55:59 pm »
I swear, one of these days, the NYPD is gonna trigger a riot.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 12:04:31 am »
I swear, one of these days, the NYPD is gonna trigger a riot.

again?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯