Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387724 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #660 on: February 17, 2017, 10:16:51 pm »
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00071

Scott Pruitt, Trump's climate change-denying, EPA-suing nominee to be the head of the EPA, has been confirmed to his position by a vote of 52-46.

The vote was party-line (both independent Senators voted against), except for Sens. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) and Joe Manchin (D-WV), who voted in favour, Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME), who voted against, and Sens. Joe Donnelly (D-IN) and John McCain (R-AZ), who did not vote.

EDIT: Corrected list of senators voting for and against.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:33:10 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #661 on: February 18, 2017, 03:15:23 am »
There are still debates to go, but Kirsten Gillibrand looks like the favorite to take my vote in 2020. Got to love her opposition to Trump's cabinet
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #662 on: February 18, 2017, 03:57:52 am »
Won't you get an early election when the impeachings get going? I know that Pence will replace Trump but what happens if/when he is impeached as well? Will they just go down the line picking successors and not have elections until 2020?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #663 on: February 18, 2017, 04:23:59 am »
Won't you get an early election when the impeachings get going? I know that Pence will replace Trump but what happens if/when he is impeached as well? Will they just go down the line picking successors and not have elections until 2020?
I would imagine when Pence becomes president, he'd appoint his own vice president who'd then be next in line for the throne. So yeah, no elections until 2020 regardless of impeachments.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #664 on: February 18, 2017, 07:19:53 am »
I would imagine when Pence becomes president, he'd appoint his own vice president who'd then be next in line for the throne. So yeah, no elections until 2020 regardless of impeachments.

Yeah, we have a chain of replacement for presidents and Vice Presidents. No re-elections, just new president picks his new VP
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #665 on: February 18, 2017, 09:15:34 am »
New VP? Can it be anyone they want? God knows who Pence picks... Hopefully not Sarah Palin though.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #666 on: February 18, 2017, 09:22:55 am »
Let's hope he picks Joe Exotic; he's broke as shit and won't wear a suit.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #667 on: February 18, 2017, 09:26:44 am »
I doubt any impeachment is going to happen. Not with a fully Republican congress.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #668 on: February 18, 2017, 10:23:49 am »
I doubt any impeachment is going to happen. Not with a fully Republican congress.

That Republican Congress would probably prefer Pence to Trump. They're just waiting for a) Trump to give them everything they've been wanting to do for decades and b) Trump to fuck up hard enough that even most of his hardcore supporters admit that he has to go. (Because if they don't wait on the second one, those supporters will abandon them.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

pyro

« Reply #669 on: February 18, 2017, 11:48:49 am »
That Republican Congress would probably prefer Pence to Trump. They're just waiting for a) Trump to give them everything they've been wanting to do for decades and b) Trump to fuck up hard enough that even most of his hardcore supporters admit that he has to go. (Because if they don't wait on the second one, those supporters will abandon them.)

(a) is impossible, because the GOP goals are self-contradictory.

(b) is irrelevant, because Trump's hardcore supporters have no problem with lying and don't trust anyone else, so any fuck-ups that the media reports can simply be denied, and successes can be pulled from The Onion.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #670 on: February 18, 2017, 12:13:24 pm »
No breaks on the Trump train! If the GOP turns on him the Trump-fanboys will turn on them. They will either have to watch USA burn or risk losing voters and political power. (We shall see which they care more about.)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #671 on: February 18, 2017, 03:12:50 pm »
They've got a wolf by the ears.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #672 on: February 18, 2017, 09:55:04 pm »
No breaks on the Trump train! If the GOP turns on him the Trump-fanboys will turn on them. They will either have to watch USA burn or risk losing voters and political power. (We shall see which they care more about.)
My guess is they'll wait until the ACA repeal. That will hit Trump's base hard, if they spin it right they can blame it on him in a way that's convincing to grassroots Republicans who, lets face facts, are probably just dumb enough to buy it.

Then it's pres Pence and the only opposition they'll get is from the hardcore Trumpites, IE the Nazis and they're easily dismissed.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #673 on: February 19, 2017, 04:02:49 pm »
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/chris-wallace-galls-fox-friends-with-dictatorship-warning-trump-crossed-a-line-attacking-media/

Even on Fox news some people have dared to question Trump. Sad to see that many of them are still defending him as well.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #674 on: February 19, 2017, 07:02:38 pm »
So Trump basically gets all his information from Fox News. Hence 'Last night in Sweden' - http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/donald-trumps-implied-sweden-terror-attack-lastnightinsweden-takes-off/news-story/3d82f08cd1f7e7bdba4cb100d3d062d8

The scary thing is that the fact this is bullshit will never reach his supporters. Effectively the President has the mindset of a typical fox news viewer. That's fucking scary. But also explains so much.

I hope the people at Fox News are starting to feel some remorse.