Author Topic: Worldview Checkup  (Read 3758 times)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Worldview Checkup
« on: December 06, 2017, 11:30:06 am »
I don't know, maybe someone else gets this on Facebook?  I keep getting this thing on my feed showing up from "Summit Ministries" asking me to take a "worldview checkup"....so I can see, as they put it, "how much I've been shaped by a biblical worldview and influenced by other worldviews."  I finally did it (which involved answering a bunch of questions about god and religion and so forth), just to see if they would say I'm going to hell, or something.... :P

Copied and pasted from the 'results page' because I found it amusing:

In the Secret Battle of Ideas, your worldview is…

0% Christian

41% Postmodern

2.4% New Spiritual

2.4% Islamic

37% Secular

17% Marxist

You do not often think in biblical terms. Other worldviews are constantly trying to gain a foothold in the minds of Bible-believing people, and these views have proven so persuasive that most of your thinking is patterned after other worldviews.

Be encouraged! You are not alone. Only 17% of Christians hold a completely biblical worldview. That means most people at some point or another need resources (like those found on the following page) that can help them guard against invading worldviews.

Apparently, I'm a postmodern Marxist, who knew!  lol.  Maybe I'll try it again and see if I figure out what answers would give me a "100% Christian" result.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Worldview Checkup
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:37:09 am »
Link?

Also, you're more a postmodern secular Marxist.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:38:08 am »
I'm going to go looking for that link for Summit Ministries.  I'd love to take the test.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 12:04:10 pm »
Oh yeah, I should have included a link in the first place.

https://www.worldviewcheckup.com/cgi-bin/tssw12.cgi?f=SummitWVCU+139144

Just be warned, they do ask for your email, so they will send you a little bit of crap.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 12:07:37 pm »
Oh yeah, I should have included a link in the first place.

https://www.worldviewcheckup.com/cgi-bin/tssw12.cgi?f=SummitWVCU+139144

Just be warned, they do ask for your email, so they will send you a little bit of crap.

Eh, that's what spam filters and/or burner Gmail accounts are for.

(I get e-mails from one of the major "pro-life, pro-family" groups in the US and they all go straight to spam. I read them occasionally when I want to know what they think.)

EDIT:

0% Christian
33% Postmodern
0% New Spiritual
2.0% Islamic
37% Secular
29% Marxist

And they didn't ask for any e-mail address.

Anyway, that was good for a chuckle.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:15:28 pm by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 12:21:28 pm »
Here's what I got:

0% Christian
36% Postmodern
0% New Spiritual
2.6% Islamic
41% Secular
21% Marxist

You do not often think in biblical terms. Other worldviews are constantly trying to gain a foothold in the minds of Bible-believing people, and these views have proven so persuasive that most of your thinking is patterned after other worldviews.
Be encouraged! You are not alone. Only 17% of Christians hold a completely biblical worldview. That means most people at some point or another need resources (like those found on the following page) that can help them guard against invading worldviews.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 12:42:52 pm »
Because I can't resist being told what I think about stuff.

0% Christian
22% Postmodern
0% New Spiritual
2.4% Islamic
46% Secular
29% Marxist

I've no idea what postmodernism even means in terms of religion, but whatever it is, I apparently agree with 22% of it. Fucking fantastic, I suppose.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 12:45:32 pm »
I suspect that 2 or so percent "Islamic" comes from the question about whether Allah and Yahweh are the same.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 12:50:08 pm »
I suspect that 2 or so percent "Islamic" comes from the question about whether Allah and Yahweh are the same.

I wondered that as well.  I can't imagine in what other respect I would be Islamic in my thoughts and beliefs.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 08:01:18 pm »
1.9% Christian

25% Postmodern

1.9% New Spiritual

1.9% Islamic

44% Secular

25% Marxist

I dunno where the fuck it got "Islamic" from, but whatever.  Quite a few of the questions were vague, and at least one didn't have an answer that I felt was most applicable to me (nothing happens after we die, we just cease to be).  Though, I'll admit, I've seen far worse out of internet surveys in the past.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 08:18:17 pm »
It's pretty easy to get 100% christian.

https://www.worldviewcheckup.com/cgi-bin/TSSW12.CGI

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 09:24:56 pm »
1.9% Christian

25% Postmodern

1.9% New Spiritual

1.9% Islamic

44% Secular

25% Marxist

I dunno where the fuck it got "Islamic" from, but whatever.  Quite a few of the questions were vague, and at least one didn't have an answer that I felt was most applicable to me (nothing happens after we die, we just cease to be).  Though, I'll admit, I've seen far worse out of internet surveys in the past.

I think the "Islamic" part has to do with what you said about Allah and Yahweh being the same. (And maybe one or two other things in there about Islam and the Qu'ran, I can't recall everything.) Note that we're all getting around 2% Islamic.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 11:50:42 pm »
I assumed the thing about submission to god was islamic. I tried to answer it 100% islamic and got 47% islam 47% christian and 6 % Marxist

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 12:32:53 am »
I assumed the thing about submission to god was islamic. I tried to answer it 100% islamic and got 47% islam 47% christian and 6 % Marxist

...6% Marxist? Da fuq?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 11:11:17 pm »
I suspect the 6% marxist was for the society questions I answered. But I suspect if Jesus did their test he would be predominantly Marxist.