Community > Society and History

Protest against school shootings cancelled due to a shooting at the school

(1/2) > >>

Askold:
http://time.com/5248165/forest-high-school-ocala-shooting-walkout-april-20/

--- Quote ---The students at Forest High School in Ocala, Florida had planned to participate in the national walkout against gun violence Friday morning. But a student was shot at the high school before the walkout started, sparking a school evacuation and sending the rest of the district into lockdown.

One 17-year-old student was injured and has been hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries. The shooter — a 19-year-old man who is not a student at the school — was taken into custody by a school resource officer within three minutes of the shooting at 8:39 a.m., Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods said at a press conference Friday. The school resource officer did not fire any shots, and the shooter was taken into custody without resistance. Woods said the shooting was intentional, but could not confirm whether the shooter and the victim knew each other.
--- End quote ---

...I guess that's one way to stop kids from complaining that they don't want to get shot.

Lana Reverse:
When I first read the thread title, I was fearing the worst. Thank goodness nobody died.

dpareja:
April 20 is 420, the anniversary of Columbine, and Adolf Hitler's birthday.

Kanzenkankaku:
Probably one of those Columbine worshipping edgelords again. That seems to be a pattern.

Askold:
Or someone who was radicalized by the NRA tv which is basically telling people to do this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version