Author Topic: I have experienced a revelation of the true religion  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
I have experienced a revelation of the true religion
« on: July 31, 2018, 05:05:26 pm »
There is a story I read.  A missionary in the high arctic met an Inuit man and told him of Jesus and Christianity.  That he was a sinner, and would go to hell unless he became a christian.  When he was done the Inuit man sat quietly and then asked

""If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"

"No," the missionary told him, "not if you did not know."

"Then why," the Inuit man sadly asked "Why did you tell me?"

And I thought about that question for a long time.  I prayed and prayed on it.  But the more I thought the deeper my doubts ran.  Someone ignorant of the gospel cannot be judged for not living up to it by a fair and loving God.  But that would mean that a just and loving God would not want anyone to know of Christianity at all, because the more knew, the more would be in danger of hell.  But then why would God command Christians to spread the word?  It makes no sense!

But then I saw the truth.

God wants us to spread the word that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, because Jesus Christ is not the Messiah!

The true Messiah, the true Son of God was someone else.  Who I do not know.  I cannot know.  That's the whole point!

God sent his only Son to Earth to give us the true religion and die for our sins, but anyone who knows the true faith but does not convert, or does but fails to live up to it's impossible and arbitrary standards (namely everyone) will be damned.  But God does not want his children damned.  So he made sure his son died for our sins alone and unnoticed without a single soul having heard his teachings.  Thus we are all ignorant of the true faith, like the Inuit from the story, and have a loophole.  We could not have known so we can be welcomed into Heaven anyway.

But just to be sure, God made a point of temporarily resurrecting a carpenter, and having his followers spread the false claim that he was the Messiah.  That way, if by chance anyone did learn of the real one, they would think he was just some rip-off copying Jesus and pay no attention, preventing anyone from learning the truth.

So follow whatever religion you wish, or none at all.  Do not worry about obeying little rules.  Do not try to force your faith on anyone else.  For it does not matter what you believe.  As long as you try to be a good person, you will be welcomed in paradise.  For in ignorance lies salvation.  We have all been washed of our sins in the blood of the true lamb, for we could not know who the true lamb is and thus could not reject it.

Amen.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: I have experienced a revelation of the true religion
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 05:35:41 pm »
FALSE TEACHER! God does not want the truth of his son’s sacrifice to not be known, he wants it to be known because all need Christ in order to be confess their sins and be saved.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 06:05:18 pm »
Jacob Harrison: (offended oinking intensifies)
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 06:07:15 pm »
But Jacob I ask you, imagine the Inuit man from the story.  Imagine instead he had died the day before the missionary arrived.  Would God damn him to hell, or at least deny him heaven, for not following a religion he could not have followed?

If yes, then God is a cruel and unjust tyrant.  But scriptures say that he loves us, and a so evil a God wouldn't have sent his son to die for us in the first place.

But that means the Inuit man can come to heaven anyway.  In fact would be more likely to.  Which means God would not want his or any other people to hear of Christianity, unless Christianity is false!

Thus you are the false teacher.  Which is a good thing.  Continue to do the lords work by spreading false doctrines so all may be saved!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 07:27:44 pm »
Well the Catechism of the Catholic Church says this

1260 Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved. It may be supposed that such persons would have desired Baptism explicitly if they had known its necessity.

However for the others, the Church is needed to save their souls, so spreading Christianity does increase the number of souls saved.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 08:47:47 pm »
FALSE TEACHER! God does not want the truth of his son’s sacrifice to not be known, he wants it to be known because all need Christ in order to be confess their sins and be saved.
Again if God is Jesus the whole thing is performance art. I prefer the Jim Rose circus, just as many nails but everyone involved has a lot more fun!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 09:29:00 pm »
Well the Catechism of the Catholic Church says this

1260 Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved. It may be supposed that such persons would have desired Baptism explicitly if they had known its necessity.

However for the others, the Church is needed to save their souls, so spreading Christianity does increase the number of souls saved.

Well that's what would say, they need to keep up the lie.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 09:35:59 pm »
...You know what, that's the most compelling argument I've heard in a long time. I'm convinced, Skybison.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 07:28:31 am »
Again if God is Jesus the whole thing is performance art. I prefer the Jim Rose circus, just as many nails but everyone involved has a lot more fun!

No as I said it is a true sacrifice, because he took the burden of all of the sins of mankind, suffered horrible pain on the cross, and his human body died, and he went to hell for 3 days.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 07:44:47 am »

No as I said it is a true sacrifice, because he took the burden of all of the sins of mankind, suffered horrible pain on the cross, and his human body died, and he went to hell for 3 days.
If he invented humankind then he already had the burden of our sins.

Or did he discover personal responsibility only after his exhibitionist/masochist performance art installment?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 08:33:49 am »

Or did he discover personal responsibility only after his exhibitionist/masochist performance art installment?

No he didn't have the burden of our sins because he did not intend for man to sin. It is the fault of the first evolved homo sapiens Adam and Eve that sin came into mankind.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 08:47:54 am by Jacob Harrison »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 04:39:58 pm »

No he didn't have the burden of our sins because he did not intend for man to sin. It is the fault of the first evolved homo sapiens Adam and Eve that sin came into mankind.
Nah-ah because omniscience, and as I said-personal responsibility!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 04:51:33 pm »

How does his omniscience affect it. He is not responsible for mankind’s sin because it was Adam and Eve’s decision not his.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 05:08:57 pm »

How does his omniscience affect it. He is not responsible for mankind’s sin because it was Adam and Eve’s decision not his.
Because you only need high school level smarts to realize that if you give fucking chimpanzees the smarts to make modern technology some bad shit is going to go down. Omniscience isn't required it only makes it worse.

And the solution to humanity's general mayhem was to skewer a weirdo who's a sockpuppet of yourself in a remote Roman province? Uh, righto mate!