Author Topic: Dumb Things You Believed as a Kid  (Read 23761 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: Dumb Things You Believed as a Kid
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2012, 05:21:17 pm »
Further proof that I'm crazy...

When I was a kid, I thought gender was ridiculously, insanely fluid.  I honestly believed that if you changed the way your hair was done and wore the opposite sex's clothes, your genitals would spontaneously change and you would actually become a member of the opposite sex.

It didn't help that I was really sheltered, so that I never saw any long-haired men, short-haired women, transgender people, or cross-dressers during my early years.  This belief stuck around until I was 6 and my mom got her hair cut short, and I realized her voice wasn't different and she still had all her curves.  But I had nightmares the first night after she got that haircut.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
Re: Dumb Things You Believed as a Kid
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2012, 08:09:21 am »
I used to mishear the word "alcohol" as "uncle Hall", which led to some hilarity with me as a very small child asking questions about this mysterious "uncle Hall" whom I had never met but heard everyone talking about so much. I got the impression that my parents didn't like him much.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!