Author Topic: Going to the Chapel...  (Read 6029 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Going to the Chapel...
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 09:11:54 am »
... I think it would be wise to actually expect that, as I can see Ibby doing just that.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 09:18:23 am »
Congrats take pics  ;D

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 09:28:23 am »
... I think it would be wise to actually expect that, as I can see Ibby doing just that.

I didn't doubt it for a minute...  :o

I'll have my phone, so can use that to get some initial pictures to post. The real (professional) pics will have to come later, obviously.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 04:07:29 pm »

I didn't doubt it for a minute...  :o

I don't think anyone on here doubts Ibby would do that.

Also, the Cthulu cake sounds badass.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:44:37 pm by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 08:33:33 am »
The wedding went very well. I'm only home long enough to unload stuff from the car, so don't have time to write a lot. I'll tell more later.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

QueenofHearts

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 09:47:06 am »
Kind of cool, you got married on the same day as one of my best friends.  :)

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 10:58:49 am »
I'm hoping Ibby crashed it in the manner he said he would...  And you have pics of that.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 01:15:57 pm »
Ah! Wonderful! *hugs!*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Normandy

• Pope
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 02:42:34 pm »
Sounds like an awesome wedding.  Congratulations!  ;D

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 02:48:14 pm »
Hugs for everyone!

And congratulations to Erictheblue and Sylvia.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 04:11:08 pm »
I'm hoping Ibby crashed it in the manner he said he would...  And you have pics of that.

....I fell asleep.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 06:47:56 pm »
:-|

Oh well...   Congrats anyway, Eric and Sylvia! :D

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 10:04:59 pm »

....I fell asleep.

I feel so unloved...  ;)  All joking aside, I did look for you during the reception, trying to find someone I didn't recognize who could be you. There was one guy I didn't know, but he was clearly with a woman who I also didn't know. Since you didn't say anything about bringing a date, I decided that wasn't you. (I later found out they were friends of Sylvia.) The only other people neither Sylvia nor I knew were a group of women who work with Sylvia's mother.

As promised, some of the more amusing story from the wedding and the reception. These are in no particular order.

1) My father-in-law had 4 words to say during the ceremony - "her mother and I." But when the officiant asked "who gives this woman to be married?" he just stood there. I'm sure it was not as long as it seemed, but I was starting to wonder if he had heard the question. Finally, he realized he was supposed to say something, but was so flustered that he said something along the lines of "Sylvia's mother and father, uh, me."

2) The flower girl/ring bearer had 2 jobs - standard flower girl stuff, and putting the Pokeball that held our rings on the altar. She got to the altar and realized there were still rose petals in her basket. Rather than just putting the ball on the altar, she proceeded to stand there and continue to throw petals out. She did this until all the petals were on the floor, even though Sylvia, Sylvia's mother, and the maid of honor were trying to whisper to her to just put the ball on the altar. I guess she was concerned that she was doing it wrong if she didn't drop every petal she had.

3) Since we knew people would be in costume, there were little hand fans (the kind that you flip open and wave) that guests could have if they wanted. During the cocktail hour, my aunt turned to me and asked "what is the significance of the fans?" Managing not to laugh, I answered "if you get hot, you use them to cool off."

4) During the ceremony, the DJ was wearing a suit with a vampire cape. We assumed that his company policy said he had to be in formal attire, but had added the cape just to fit the costume theme. At some point during the ceremony, I realized that he was now wearing a Star Trek uniform shirt. Since he was thin and bald, he bore a marked resemblance to Capt. Picard. I assumed he had ducked out briefly to change his shirt. I found out this evening that no, he had just taken the cape, jacket, and dress shirt off while behind his table, revealing the Star Trek shirt.

5) About an hour before the ceremony, the best man, the other 2 guys in the wedding party, and I decided we needed food, so we headed out to the best man's car. Of course, this meant we had to walk through the lobby. Did I mention we were all in costume at this point? I was dressed like the man in the back of this photo (but all shades of red and yellow), but had knee-high red and black leather boots. The best man was dressed in all black, including black knee-high buckled boots. Both the best man and I were wearing hats like this man, but with long feathers attached to the hats. My brother-in-law was wearing a green and black plad kilt, a loose green shirt, and boots like mine, except his were all black. The last guy was wearing a shirt and vest like mine, black pants, black knee-high boots, and a red cape.

The looks we got were priceless. People were trying to figure out who we were suppsed to be. My BiL said he heard someone say "nice skirt." Since he is 6'1/185cm and built like an ox, I assume the person was either trying to be funny or had a death wish... When we got back, we sat down at a table right by the door so everyone walking in or out got a great look at us. When we headed to the elevator to go back upstairs to finish getting ready (I had to put on my belt and sword), a woman that was standing by the elevator quickly jumped on one and must have smashed the "Door Close" button, because the doors closed much quicker than normal!

6) I was not sure the officiant (who is a long-time mentor and friend of my wife) was going to be able to get through the ceremony because she was crying so hard. A few times, she had to pause and catch her breath before going on. However, when we got to the point where she declared us married, she was crying too hard to speak. The maid of honor (who was standing next to the officiant) said later she was wondering if she would have to pick up where the officiant left off!

7) Our wedding rings were a huge hit. After the ceremony, my brother-in-law went to Sylvia and asked to see the ring. He looked at it, then looked closer. Sylvia told him that yes, the ring is what he thought it was, and he started laughing. The maid of honor looked next and announced to the room "their rings are the One Ring!" At that point, everyone else came over to see for themselves. (We were in a room with just the wedding party and Sylvia's parents, so "everyone" does not mean all the guests.)

Edit: Regarding pictures... I had my phone with me to get pics, but could not get any during the ceremony. The lights were too low during the reception and I don't have a flash. Once we get pics from the photographers, I'll post some.

Edit 2: One of my friends posted this pic of the cake. Cute, isn't it?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:30:57 pm by erictheblue »

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 02:47:40 am »
Tried to view the cake... said content was either unavailable or I didn't have permission to view it.  Ia!  Ia!

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 08:02:28 am »
The wedding cake is Cthulhu and the groom's cake is a dice bag.

To prove that we are geeks, we got the One Ring (in silver) as our wedding rings. None of our friends or family know that. We'll be waiting to see how long it is before someone notices. The rings will be held in a Pokeball until it is time to exchange them.

Congratulations on the awesome wedding and also finding the awesome woman who agreed to this!
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived