Author Topic: Tea Party is definitly not for women  (Read 5087 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Tea Party is definitly not for women
« on: January 18, 2012, 08:52:46 pm »
Wanna know why?  Up in New Hampshire, there's a couple of bills up for consideration.  One is an amendment to defund Planned Parenthood and weaken domestic violence laws.

Under a new Tea Party backed bill, if this goes through, the cops have to witness Domestic Violence before an arrest can be made.  That's right folks.  If you get beaten by your husband/boyfriend/fucktoy/partner/whatever, they may not get arrested.  Cause that's how the Tea Party rolls.

Ironbite-the message is clear...don't have sex outside of marriage and stay in the kitchen if you're a woman in New Hampshire

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Re: Tea Party is definitly not for women
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:56:41 pm »
Under a new Tea Party backed bill, if this goes through, the cops have to witness Domestic Violence before an arrest can be made.
:o

Damn, I should know better than to underestimate their stupidity by now. But I keep on doing it! What is wrong with me?
-A Pen Name

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:58:10 pm »
NH's teabaggers can kindly take their anti-women laws and shove it where the sun don't shine.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 09:01:20 pm »
Isn't it funny that their most prominent champions have all been women?

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 10:00:05 pm »
Wanna know why?  Up in New Hampshire, there's a couple of bills up for consideration.  One is an amendment to defund Planned Parenthood and weaken domestic violence laws.

Under a new Tea Party backed bill, if this goes through, the cops have to witness Domestic Violence before an arrest can be made.  That's right folks.  If you get beaten by your husband/boyfriend/fucktoy/partner/whatever, they may not get arrested.  Cause that's how the Tea Party rolls.

Hmm... I needed a topic for my paper for my domestic violence class. I did have an idea, but I wonder if I could turn this into a 20-pager...
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 10:17:41 pm »
Well the Tea Party sure aren't the only people who want to overturn domestic violence bills.

And the title for this thread should "definitely not for ANYBODY" Although then, every thread about them would be named similar.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 10:20:24 pm »
Neighbor state is going wack-a-doo again, still not surprised. Here's hoping sanity dawns on the lot of 'em before them embarrass themselves again.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 10:41:46 pm »
Well, considering Tea Partiers are basically the white trash people you see shirtless on "COPS" involved in domestic disputes anyway, I can't say I'm surprised.

...okay, I was kind of kidding around with that. But that kind of change to the law is horrifying and gives abusers more power and incentive to abuse again.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 11:36:20 pm »
Now that's not true , the tea party is for women...self-loathing ones

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 11:37:29 pm »
Dr. Pepper 10: The official drink of the Tea Party.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 12:20:14 am »
New Hampshire lawmakers will also consider two bills on Thursday that would roll back the state's domestic violence laws, which up until now have been the strongest in the country. House Bill 1581, sponsored by state Rep. Dan Itse (R-Fremont), would prevent law enforcement from being able to immediately arrest an abuser who has assaulted his partner unless the officer has actually witnessed the crime take place. Under current law, the police can arrest an abuser based on probable cause.

"This means that if 911 has been called, and they see a victim who was assaulted and is bleeding, they wouldn't be able to arrest that person unless they went back and got a warrant," explained Amanda Grady, director of public policy for the New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence. "This is how it was in late-'70s before states decided to put victim protections in place."

The other domestic violence bill, House Bill 1608, limits the grounds for which an officer can arrest an abuser who violates a domestic violence protective order. The law enforcement community in New Hampshire, including the Dept. of Safety, Attorney General's office, and Chiefs of Police Association, and domestic violence workers are all vehemently opposed to the bill.

According to state statistics, 38 percent of homicides in 2011 were domestic violence-related, and the vast majority of domestic violence cases were perpetrated by men again woman.

"The passage of [these laws] will likely result in further injuries and could possibly have lethal consequences for victims and their children," Grady told HuffPost.

You...have got to be kidding me.  Love-shy, the political version. >.<
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline The Bright Angel

• Apprentice
  • Just Your typical Bi possible Trans kid (not sure)
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 12:49:06 am »
Well, considering Tea Partiers are basically the white trash people you see shirtless on "COPS" involved in domestic disputes anyway, I can't say I'm surprised.

Now now be nice. White trash didn't harm anyone. Sometimes they can't help it. So don't insult them.

By the way this change in the law is horrible. Do these Tea Party politicians know what they are doing?
"Can you imagine on judgement day, when God tells you your wife was secretly a lesbian who liked you but never really loved you. That she wasn't your soul-mate after all. Better if both of you were free to find your true love."-Evil Roy Slick of Yahoo News

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 01:36:33 am »
FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK, FUCK FUCK. FUCK.

That is all I have to say, home state. I am that ashamed of you right now.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 01:55:45 am »

Now now be nice. White trash didn't harm anyone. Sometimes they can't help it. So don't insult them.

By the way this change in the law is horrible. Do these Tea Party politicians know what they are doing?

Of course they do.  It's yet another attack on women's rights.  Because the Tea Party is a bunch of pig headed old men who want women back in the kitchen, barefoot, preggers, making them a sammich.

Ironbite-so hop to it ladies.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 01:57:49 am »
Once again, fuck them.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.