Author Topic: YouTube "Gun Expert" is Murdered  (Read 4030 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
YouTube "Gun Expert" is Murdered
« on: January 08, 2013, 02:15:23 pm »
So guns DIDN'T save his life? Start your conspiracy theory engines. 

The Franklin County Sheriff's Office said Ratliff appears to have died of a single gunshot to the head, and it was treating his death as a homicide. Investigators also noted that several firearms were found in the vicinity of the body, and it seems he had been deceased for some time before officials were alerted by a 911 call to his whereabouts.

http://gawker.com/5974187/well+known-youtube-weapons-expert-found-dead-police-suspect-homicide

Offline Bender_Rodríguez

• Bishop
Re: YouTube "Gun Expert" is Murdered
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 02:39:17 pm »
Obviously he didn't have enough guns! 

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 04:32:40 pm »
Hm, He has some relation to FPS Russia? But anyways, condolences to him.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 04:40:32 pm »
I feel obliged to point out that police often, if not always, treat a death as a homicide until evidence shows otherwise. As per the article, he was a known prankster and there was only a report of a single wound with no other evidence of foul play involved. At this stage, it is entirely possible that this was either a suicide or a sad accident.

Also, I rarely consider firearms marketing consultants as weapons experts; but that's just me. Either way, it's sad to hear of anyone dying, regardless of the cause.

However, I will say this: comments like this:

Are why some people shouldn't be allowed access to firearms.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:45:20 pm by Damen »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 05:48:09 pm »
I feel obliged to point out that police often, if not always, treat a death as a homicide until evidence shows otherwise. As per the article, he was a known prankster and there was only a report of a single wound with no other evidence of foul play involved. At this stage, it is entirely possible that this was either a suicide or a sad accident.

Also, I rarely consider firearms marketing consultants as weapons experts; but that's just me. Either way, it's sad to hear of anyone dying, regardless of the cause.

Delusions of heroism, eh?  That's pretty fucked up.  Most people I know who obsess over guns have fantasies of like, government tyranny and shit that they need to guard against.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 06:07:50 pm »

I have to agree with Damen about treating everything like a homicide until later on. It's how I was trained to look at things, even if it looked damn obvious it was suicide (such as they hung themselves, slit their wrists, etc.,) As well as the whole 'gun expert' thing.

As it stands, I see no 'conspiracy' here. Shit happens. And it could be a hoax.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 07:28:40 pm »

I have to agree with Damen about treating everything like a homicide until later on. It's how I was trained to look at things, even if it looked damn obvious it was suicide (such as they hung themselves, slit their wrists, etc.,) As well as the whole 'gun expert' thing.

As it stands, I see no 'conspiracy' here. Shit happens. And it could be a hoax.
Well, I checked FPS Russia's FB page and he seems solemn about it, or he's in on the joke too. April 1st is a long ways from now.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 07:39:14 pm »
Not all pranks are done on April 1st and in fact it has more impact if it isn't done on a day you expect to be fooled.

But, I don't really care that much either way. Still sad to see someone die from any cause.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline DogmasDemise

• Bishop
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 09:23:14 pm »
I'm not sure why this was posted in "Politics" but anyway, sorry to hear that.

About the channel he was associated with (FPSRussia), I watch it from time to time it's fairly entertaining, hope this incident won't cripple FPSRussia's activities too much. No point in speculating about conspiracies, I'll just wait and see what the investigators find out.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:26:07 pm »
At the risk of sounding like an asshole, that tweet makes it kinda hard for me to feel sorry for him.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 09:44:09 pm »
Clearly this is an assassination by the homosexual pedophile anti-gun neoconservative liberal new world order government trying to get rid of one of the most dangerous obstacles to implementation of their eeeevil regime.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline DogmasDemise

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 09:56:53 pm »
Clearly this is an assassination by the homosexual pedophile anti-gun neoconservative liberal new world order government trying to get rid of one of the most dangerous obstacles to implementation of their eeeevil regime.

If this was supposed to be a parody of Alex Jones, in some ways it might actually be more moderate than Alex Jones:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xog5FoODC4s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xog5FoODC4s</a>

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 10:10:16 pm »
Between that tweet and the police report, I'm guessing he accidentally shot himself.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 03:39:57 pm »
CNN just reported that the police have ruled homicide and that he'd been shot in the back of the head. Which says to me that either someone got the drop on him or he was executed. They also said there were firearms "in the vicinity" but they didn't say if they were easily accessible. If they were easy to access, then I'm guessing he probably knew his attacker.

Yay for armchair criminology!
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 03:58:47 pm »

You forgot Princess Celestia and the Easter Bunny was in on it too.  :P
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:00:18 pm by Empress Nicki »