Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1461954 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #7320 on: December 09, 2018, 04:33:34 am »
SO I decided to finally get an avatar and fully join the rank of my fellow regulars because why not? Reason I'm posting it here is cuz its vidya.

I am hyped for the rest of this game to be released. Deltarune was just the first chapter and it was already as good as Undertale was. Suzy is the most savage bae.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7321 on: December 09, 2018, 08:09:59 pm »
Super Smash Bros Ultimate is fast becoming one of my favorite games on the Switch.

Ironbite-hands down.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7322 on: December 10, 2018, 09:29:29 am »
Queer that they put Joker from Persona 5 in there; then again, I guess he fits about as well as Beyonetta or Cloud.

...Wonderin where that English dub of the anime is, ya fuckers.  It isn't like you don't have the voice actors' numbers, ya cunts.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #7323 on: December 23, 2018, 02:19:46 am »
Got around to finishing Yakuza Kiwami 2. This game is a massive improvement over Kiwami 1. Yakuza Zero is still better, though. Now on to the PS3 games. Installing Yakuza 3 as I type.

Also, I think Harada might have secretly announced Kiryu for Tekken on Twitter.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #7324 on: December 28, 2018, 04:23:55 am »
Got Wolfenstein New Order for christmas and spend like an hour or two shooting up nazis. The rest of the time I've been doing Pokemon X.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #7325 on: December 28, 2018, 04:24:39 am »
Also New Order was in a double pack with the prequel, Old Blood. I have that one installed on the xbox but haven't played it yet.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #7326 on: January 08, 2019, 08:29:48 pm »
In other news, EA's being shitty again. INAL, but I think refusing to honor a guarantee is grounds for a lawsuit.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7327 on: January 09, 2019, 09:54:07 am »
Ever noticed how goddamn fragile some people are?

"The last normal character"

Aside from the whole "normal" thing, how was that the last one of them? If it's about sexuality, shouldn't they have to wait until Blizzard confirms that every single one of them is LGBT before crying about it? Or is it that all but 2 out of God knows how many characters is not enough representation to fragile little straight boys? Can't be the colour of his skin either. Aside from how much they'd start crying for being called racists it's not like Soldier-daddy is the only white character in the game. Heck, they just introduced Ashe into the game as well and she's white so there's no real fear of "white genocide" in this game any more than there is in the real world.

But sure, one character is confirmed to be gay and now "the community" is traumatized.

I don't ever want to see anyone complain that getting PTSD from harassment is an exaggeration if changing one minor detail about a fictional character is enough to "traumatize" gamers.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7328 on: January 09, 2019, 11:05:12 am »
No matter if you make a character gay, straight, bi, black, white, Asian, Christian, Atheist, Jew or whatever else, there'll always be some prissy little princess on the internet who's offended and thinks anyone else gives a shit.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #7329 on: January 09, 2019, 02:13:57 pm »
Me, I don't really care about the reveal itself. Little suspicious of the timing tho.

No matter if you make a character gay, straight, bi, black, white, Asian, Christian, Atheist, Jew or whatever else, there'll always be some prissy little princess on the internet who's offended and thinks anyone else gives a shit.

Ain't that the truth.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #7330 on: January 10, 2019, 06:13:08 am »
He's the "Last Normal Character" because he's a blonde-hair blue-eyed white American who they presumed was straight. Because nothing else is normal.

Also I recognize that site as OneAngryGamer, I'd assume it was satire if I didn't know the sad, sad reality that that dude is completely unironic.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #7331 on: January 11, 2019, 06:08:36 pm »
In other news, Bungie's split with Activision. Probably a good thing, since they seem to be in a four-way race to the bottom with EA, Bethesda and Sony.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7332 on: January 11, 2019, 08:00:23 pm »
EA will probably win that fight.

Ironbite-as they're EA.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #7333 on: January 11, 2019, 08:23:15 pm »
As it currently stands, if they ever lose their sports licenses, they're fucked.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #7334 on: January 12, 2019, 05:25:14 am »
What about Konami? That's gotta be a top 5 competitor alongside EA and the rest.