Author Topic: Schools Investigating Pro-Muslim Bias Instead Find Pro-Christian Bias  (Read 1993 times)

Offline SkyTrekTower

• Bishop
This might be one of the funniest things I've read in a while.  It also goes to show the persecution/superiority/if we're doing it, then they must also be doing it complex found in religious conservatism.

A chain email sent to Dallas-area school board members and district officials that prompted an investigation into alleged Islamic bias in the system's curriculum turned up perhaps unintended results.

The email, titled "IRVING ISD INDOCTRINATING ISLAM," warned: "Christians are going to have to stand up against the pro Islamic teaching in our public schools with CSCOPE curriculum."

CSCOPE is a nonprofit offshoot of the Texas Education Service Centers, established in 1965 across the state's school districts, and helps develop curricula and implement school reform. The agency is reported to have received about $25 million in funding last year.

According to The Dallas Morning News, the resulting 72-page report -- compiled by a former social studies teacher described by CSCOPE's director as a "very socially and fiscally conservative" woman who "watches Glenn Beck on a regular basis" -- found quite the opposite of any Islamic bias: If anything, Irving schools have a Christian bias.

The teacher was told to "look for anything she would consider the least bit controversial," by reading every textbook used for kindergarten through high school and record any bias in the CSCOPE curriculum, according to the Morning News. Among the findings:

Christianity got twice as much attention in the curriculum as any other religion. Islam was a distant second.
The Red Crescent and Boston Tea Party reference mentioned in the email were nowhere in CSCOPE’s curriculum, although they may have been in the past.
If there was any Islamic bias in CSCOPE it was “bias against radical Islam.”

Link

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:02:58 pm by SkyTrekTower »

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Schools Investigating Pro-Muslim Bias Instead Find Pro-Christian Bias
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 06:01:22 pm »
Reminds me of Peter King's hearings on the radicalization of Islam in the U.S., which deliberately ignored the more serious threat of Christian radicalization.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 06:30:57 pm »
That because he was one (really he says the IRA are freedom fightes and gave tehm money me: how is that different from Hamas)  As for the original story NO SHIT

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 10:04:31 pm »
Fundies:  The only group ever in history that WANTS to be persecuted.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline mice34

• Neonate
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 01:38:38 am »
Did they seriously think they were going to find pro-Muslim bias in TEXAS?
These people make no sense.

Distind

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 06:04:28 am »
It's those liberal public schools that give your kids condoms and gay men to use them!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 09:55:14 am »

Remember, these are people who think "anti-Christian persecution" is not being allowed to teach creationism and evangelize in official school functions.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.