Author Topic: The Atheist should self censor.  (Read 45963 times)

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
Re: The Atheist should self censor.
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2013, 11:25:54 am »
Yup! Though all told, Hitler was either Occultist or Christian. Since his cronies had some occult tendencies. Atheist? Nah.

I mean seriously, out of people to call atheist... at least get it right? Try Stalin or something. Jesus Christ.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2013, 11:33:04 am »
I mean seriously, out of people to call atheist... at least get it right? Try Stalin or something. Jesus Christ.

I seriously doubt he was an atheist. ;)
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2013, 11:40:53 am »

As far as I can tell, he was an anti-theist the way he brought his hammer down on the Orthodox churches in the Soviet Union. Though he supposedly respected/feared his mom enough to spare the Georgian Orthodox Church since she was highly religious. Though that could be said he was part of that Church, but his exact religion was something I never found in studying him.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2013, 11:51:55 am »
Material Defender, I wasn't actually trying to single out Hitler, but the majority people who voted the Nazi Party into power were Christian, and it wasn't the stormtroopers who vandalized shops and accused their owners who were suspected of having Hebrew relatives.
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2013, 11:54:25 am »
Material Defender, I wasn't actually trying to single out Hitler, but the majority people who voted the Nazi Party into power were Christian, and it wasn't the stormtroopers who vandalized shops and accused their owners who were suspected of having Hebrew relatives.

Oh, I know that.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2013, 01:24:34 pm »

As far as I can tell, he was an anti-theist the way he brought his hammer down on the Orthodox churches in the Soviet Union. Though he supposedly respected/feared his mom enough to spare the Georgian Orthodox Church since she was highly religious. Though that could be said he was part of that Church, but his exact religion was something I never found in studying him.
He also formed alliances with Churches when it suited him, but that's all. I think he did have a very religious upbringing, so maybe that's something he hated growing up. Plus the Russian Orthodox Church was linked with the Tsarist government, so there were probably political reasons too.

• The Beast
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2013, 01:29:12 pm »
Yup! Though all told, Hitler was either Occultist or Christian. Since his cronies had some occult tendencies. Atheist? Nah.
Rudolf Hess was part of the Thule Society--an anti-Semitic occultist group. I doubt Hitler dabbled in the occult. Interestingly, there was only one member of the Nazi high command who was excommunicated by the Catholic Church: Joseph Goebbels, for marrying a Protestant. I mean, gotta draw the line somewhere.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2013, 02:11:56 pm »

I was referring to Jesus.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2013, 02:14:07 pm »
Rudolf Hess was part of the Thule Society--an anti-Semitic occultist group. I doubt Hitler dabbled in the occult. Interestingly, there was only one member of the Nazi high command who was excommunicated by the Catholic Church: Joseph Goebbels, for marrying a Protestant. I mean, gotta draw the line somewhere.
I think Himmler was a bit on the occult side too, if I remember correctly.  Hitler just let them believe what they wanted as long as they didn't bother him with their weirdness.  If I remember correctly, anyway.

• The Beast
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2013, 02:28:36 pm »
I think Himmler was a bit on the occult side too, if I remember correctly.  Hitler just let them believe what they wanted as long as they didn't bother him with their weirdness.  If I remember correctly, anyway.
You're probably right about Himmler too. Actually I had the feeling something slipped my mind when I typed that.

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2013, 04:36:15 pm »

I was referring to Jesus.

Oh lol.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2013, 05:29:26 pm »
You're probably right about Himmler too. Actually I had the feeling something slipped my mind when I typed that.

Himmler had some strange ideas about a sort of new-religion he saw which revolved around a mish-mash of King Arthur, Wagnerian opera, Hitler's ideas about the Aryan Race and a few other weird ideas.  One of the castles that was under his command was to house the bodies of the first 12 SS members to be killed in combat.  He claimed that it was a 'soldier's religion', which is ironic when you consider he never once heard a shot fired in anger.

It speaks volumes that even Hitler thought these ideas were batshit insane.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2013, 09:23:47 pm »

Himmler had some strange ideas about a sort of new-religion he saw which revolved around a mish-mash of King Arthur, Wagnerian opera, Hitler's ideas about the Aryan Race and a few other weird ideas.  One of the castles that was under his command was to house the bodies of the first 12 SS members to be killed in combat.  He claimed that it was a 'soldier's religion', which is ironic when you consider he never once heard a shot fired in anger.

So they are super good? Hitler was super bad after all...
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

• The Beast
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2013, 09:53:47 pm »

So they are super good? Hitler was super bad after all...
Yeah but if you read Mein Kampf he just comes off like a total whiner. He's Emo, that's what he is.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2013, 11:40:42 am »
The odd thing was, he would insult the upper classes, particularly the landed gentry and they fucking loved him for it.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!