Community > Society and History

"Just sprinkle some crack on 'em"

(1/1)

Askold:
...Or in this case: Toy guns.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xvzwp/baltimore-cops-carried-toy-guns-to-plant-on-people-they-shot-trial-reveals-vgtrn?utm_source=vicefbus

--- Quote ---One officer involved in the city's massive corruption scandal said officers kept the replicas "in case we accidentally hit somebody or got into a shootout, so we could plant them."
--- End quote ---

Yes, Baltimore's finest have been carrying toy guns in their cars or on them for the sake of framing people if they accidentally kill an unarmed person. Now, this was discovered during a separate investigation into their activity and the courts haven't proven yet that anyone has been killed and framed like this but...

--- Quote ---But the BB gun testimony is particularly disturbing in light of 12-year-old Tamir Rice's death in 2014, the 13-year-old in Baltimore who was shot twice by cops in 2016 after he allegedly sprinted from them with a replica gun in his hand, and the 86 people fatally shot by police in 2015 and 2016 who were spotted carrying toy guns.
--- End quote ---

...Yeah, they totally killed a bunch of innocent people and got away with it.

Seriously though, the saddest part in this is that police officers can get away with murder (or manslaughter) just by dumping a toy gun on a body. Not even a real gun. Just drop a toy on the body and the courts will go "looks like another case of 'oopsy daisy' so I guess there's no harm done and we'll let the cop walk free. Sorry about your loss, family of the innocent person who died."

dpareja:

Lana Reverse:

--- Quote from: Askold on April 02, 2018, 01:55:54 am ---...Or in this case: Toy guns.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xvzwp/baltimore-cops-carried-toy-guns-to-plant-on-people-they-shot-trial-reveals-vgtrn?utm_source=vicefbus

--- Quote ---One officer involved in the city's massive corruption scandal said officers kept the replicas "in case we accidentally hit somebody or got into a shootout, so we could plant them."
--- End quote ---

Yes, Baltimore's finest have been carrying toy guns in their cars or on them for the sake of framing people if they accidentally kill an unarmed person. Now, this was discovered during a separate investigation into their activity and the courts haven't proven yet that anyone has been killed and framed like this but...

--- Quote ---But the BB gun testimony is particularly disturbing in light of 12-year-old Tamir Rice's death in 2014, the 13-year-old in Baltimore who was shot twice by cops in 2016 after he allegedly sprinted from them with a replica gun in his hand, and the 86 people fatally shot by police in 2015 and 2016 who were spotted carrying toy guns.
--- End quote ---

...Yeah, they totally killed a bunch of innocent people and got away with it.

Seriously though, the saddest part in this is that police officers can get away with murder (or manslaughter) just by dumping a toy gun on a body. Not even a real gun. Just drop a toy on the body and the courts will go "looks like another case of 'oopsy daisy' so I guess there's no harm done and we'll let the cop walk free. Sorry about your loss, family of the innocent person who died."

--- End quote ---

What the fuck!? AARRRGGH!!!

Okay, got that out of my system. When people abuse their authority in such cruel ways, my blood starts boiling.

--- Quote from: dpareja on April 02, 2018, 02:14:46 am ---

--- End quote ---

There may be precedent to change that. In 2015, SCOTUS ruled that intent is crucial in online harassment cases. It's not a 1:1 comparison, but I think the case might be applicable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version