Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462388 times)

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #7200 on: May 31, 2018, 08:54:26 pm »
COUNTRY ROADS!  TAKE ME HOME!  TO THE PLACE!  I BELONG!

Ironbite-speculated to be Fallout Online in the same vein as Elder Scrolls Online.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7201 on: May 31, 2018, 10:12:16 pm »
So... this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo</a>

FTFY.

Thanks.  Couldn't work out why it wouldn't work.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7202 on: June 01, 2018, 12:57:35 am »
Remove the "s" from https. ...No idea why it must be done but for some reason this forum does not allow to embed a youtube link unless you do so.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7203 on: June 01, 2018, 03:49:13 am »
Seriously, fuck Games for Windows Live. There is no good reason whatsoever I should be subjected to that bullshit just to play a ten year old game.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7204 on: June 02, 2018, 01:10:07 am »
So... The next Fallout game is a bit of a mystery but fandom is reacting the way it always does. Grognards cry that the game will be horrible (despite knowing nothing about it) and others are trying to speculate what kind of game will it be.

So far I've seen a lot of people saying that it'll be multiplayer game. Which could be nice sense Fallout: tactics multiplayer is dead and I see potential in a multiplayer set in the Fallout universe. ...Could be good, could be bad, I'm not going to have a computer that will run it unless I get a job so I won't be buying it in a while anyway so all I can do now is wait anyway.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7205 on: June 02, 2018, 08:08:36 am »
Remove the "s" from https. ...No idea why it must be done but for some reason this forum does not allow to embed a youtube link unless you do so.

Ohhh, I keep forgetting about that :(  Thanks!

Online ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #7206 on: June 02, 2018, 03:13:33 pm »
I'm kinda hoping for something akin to The Elder Scrolls Online for Fallout 76.

Ironbite-but that's just me.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7207 on: June 02, 2018, 05:54:34 pm »
I hope they learned from what went wrong with ESO, though.  If they go that route, they need to take a look at Ultima Online and see why that's so good.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7208 on: June 06, 2018, 10:20:34 pm »
There's good news for Steam users. They're taking a more hands-off approach to content moderation, and will only remove stuff that's illegal and/or blatant trolling.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1666776116200553082
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #7209 on: June 06, 2018, 10:23:08 pm »
"good" news. Wanna make nazi propaganda and sell it on steam? Not illegal, so it stays. A game where you gun down gay people for being gay? Not illegal! Maybe, just fucking maybe complete lack of moderation and oversight is a bad thing.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:26:13 pm by Svata »
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7210 on: June 06, 2018, 11:19:09 pm »
Personally, I hate the idea of banning games for the sake of moralism, so I'm perfectly okay with that aspect of it. That said, the potential flood of asset flips and general shovelware is a tad concerning, in my somewhat humble opinion. Then again, it's been quite a while since they've put any effort whatsoever into quality control, so perhaps this will just be less moralism on Steam's part.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #7211 on: June 06, 2018, 11:59:20 pm »
It's really not surprising to me that indie devs seem the Switch eShop as the promised land nowadays since Steam has become such a dumpster fire.
Who needs a signature?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7212 on: June 07, 2018, 01:09:36 am »
Dude, geeks/nerds/whatever-the-fuck are the biggest pussies on the fucking planet; you should know this, by now.  A woman gets anywhere near whatever sacred cow they like to fuck and hoo-boy, you can hear the idiotic screeching from fucking Pluto.  Female Doctor?  OHMIGODWIMMINNOTDAWKTAR!  Female characters altered to be more energy and less sex appeal?  BUTINEEDSACUM!  A woman so much as breathes on an FPS' voice chat?  LOLTITSORGTFO.  Its the same group of fuckin' retards that shatter their keyboards in a fit of rage if a game's textures are one pixel off standard HD resolution.

They want gaming to become/remain a secluded, insular community of socially inept dipshits spamming /b/tard bullshit across whatever game's chat system they want without reproach or fear of qualification.  They are as worthless as they are predictable.  Let 'em screech in the hallowed confines of GameFAQs, 4chan, and other such shitholes.  Its more funny when games owned and operated by actual people kick them the fuck off for being idiots, anyways.

They do this because they were the guys getting picked on, and now they wanna be the ones to bully or harass people in a place where they can't be reminded they have the physique of a wad of tofu and that they can't do so in person.

Also, not surprised that Lana is raising a stink again over the speech of a bunch of reactionary pukes.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7213 on: June 07, 2018, 01:18:26 am »
Dude, geeks/nerds/whatever-the-fuck are the biggest pussies on the fucking planet; you should know this, by now.  A woman gets anywhere near whatever sacred cow they like to fuck and hoo-boy, you can hear the idiotic screeching from fucking Pluto.  Female Doctor?  OHMIGODWIMMINNOTDAWKTAR!  Female characters altered to be more energy and less sex appeal?  BUTINEEDSACUM!  A woman so much as breathes on an FPS' voice chat?  LOLTITSORGTFO.  Its the same group of fuckin' retards that shatter their keyboards in a fit of rage if a game's textures are one pixel off standard HD resolution.

They want gaming to become/remain a secluded, insular community of socially inept dipshits spamming /b/tard bullshit across whatever game's chat system they want without reproach or fear of qualification.  They are as worthless as they are predictable.  Let 'em screech in the hallowed confines of GameFAQs, 4chan, and other such shitholes.  Its more funny when games owned and operated by actual people kick them the fuck off for being idiots, anyways.

They do this because they were the guys getting picked on, and now they wanna be the ones to bully or harass people in a place where they can't be reminded they have the physique of a wad of tofu and that they can't do so in person.

Also, not surprised that Lana is raising a stink again over the speech of a bunch of reactionary pukes.

We've moved on from this topic.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Online ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #7214 on: June 07, 2018, 09:07:42 am »
No we haven't.