Author Topic: A Rebel Flag Pick-Up Truck "Parade" + Instant Karma = GOLD!  (Read 3849 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
This video's going VIRAL!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/29/confederate-flag-truck-parade_n_7692696.html
A bunch of jerks decided to have a sort-of "parade" by zipping down the street waving the Ol' Cursed Stars & Bars like goofuses.....then crash into each other!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: A Rebel Flag Pick-Up Truck "Parade" + Instant Karma = GOLD!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 12:24:48 pm »
Ever notice these morons never seem to understand that the American and Confederate flags are mutually exclusive?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 02:53:44 pm »
Ever notice these morons never seem to understand that the American and Confederate flags are mutually exclusive?

I know. What a bunch of doofuses. Dorks waving a flag & treason AND the flag of the country they're committing treason against.

And if that's a parade, then I'm Jimmy Smits!

SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT BUT RELATED SUBJECT: The only side effect of this whole "Anti-CSA Battle Flag" thing is that The Dukes Of Hazzard is pretty much banned. I loved that show as a kid! Perhaps with some editing & good CGI magic they can rename the car "The General" and put The Stars & Stripes on the hood.

Yeah, it reeks "Political Correctness Gone Mad" but what else could they do?

Maybe they can just put a big disclaimer before each old rerun explaining that it was filmed in a different time when folks were blase about the Confederate Battle flag and that The Duke Boys aren't endorsing bigotry.

However, they did put the Stars & Bars on that car and call it "The General Lee" which implies that they were cool with the whole "CSA" thing.................Maybe the Edit/CGI idea is better, after all.

Now, about the matter of Lynyrd Skynyrd....
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:57:32 pm by Barbarella »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 02:55:35 pm »
The Dukes of Hazard thing is misrepresented anyway. TV Land was getting ready to dump its line-up as part of a rebranding, regardless of the controversy, they just figured they'd drop Dukes of Hazard early for publicity.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 04:59:09 pm »
The Dukes of Hazard thing is misrepresented anyway. TV Land was getting ready to dump its line-up as part of a rebranding, regardless of the controversy, they just figured they'd drop Dukes of Hazard early for publicity.

Ahhh. So they're simply dumping their old TV Shows. I smell another case of "Network Decay".

Right now, I'm reading about the Duke thing on Snopes. I'll be back in a while.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 12:44:24 am »
Barb, the other thing they could do is just play the flipping show. No CGI, no apologetics. Hogan's Hero's comes to mind. Literally a sitcom about Nazi and their POWs. Baywatch was just Anderson and Bleeth rubbing in slow motion for 30 minutes of a 45 minute show. The Simpsons still run some of the most stereotypical cliches on television. Enough hand wringing.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 01:03:59 am »
My home town, ladies and gents *Facepalms*.

Still, it's not that bad there.  I mean from what I've heard those guys in the trucks got all kinds of fun and derision made of them.  Especially after the bump.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 03:33:57 am »
Somehow, I am totally not surprised that these idiot rednecks crashed their trucks in this little stunt.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 06:53:53 am »
They're just clinging to a dying sentiment.  The South has outgrown them, and they don't like it.

Just to be clear, we *don't* have a day here for that shit, as the guy in the video thinks.  As well, as..., well,  it looks to me like it's less a *parade* than a bunch of Billy-Bobs whose friends told their friends and on down the line to all "Git in thuh pickups and make ourselves a statement!"

I wonder what the combined BAC of all of them was...   Probably a good bit more than their combined IQ.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:01:10 am by SpaceProg »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 11:49:57 am »
Barb, the other thing they could do is just play the flipping show. No CGI, no apologetics. Hogan's Hero's comes to mind. Literally a sitcom about Nazi and their POWs. Baywatch was just Anderson and Bleeth rubbing in slow motion for 30 minutes of a 45 minute show. The Simpsons still run some of the most stereotypical cliches on television. Enough hand wringing.

Hey, that's fine. No problem. I know better now and now know The Dukes aren't banned all-over the place. Besides, it's just a car (albeit an iconic one that does awesome stunts), it's not a character like KITT in Knight Rider and it was a different time and the whole thing was innocent.

They're just clinging to a dying sentiment.  The South has outgrown them, and they don't like it.

Just to be clear, we *don't* have a day here for that shit, as the guy in the video thinks.  As well, as..., well,  it looks to me like it's less a *parade* than a bunch of Billy-Bobs whose friends told their friends and on down the line to all "Git in thuh pickups and make ourselves a statement!"

I wonder what the combined BAC of all of them was...   Probably a good bit more than their combined IQ.

That's good. At least your town hates this sort of thing as much as us, you & the guy with the camera.

I also, agree that that wouldn't qualify as a "parade". Parades have marching bands, floats & crowds. "Procession" might make more sense. A high-speed procession of morons.

;D "A CONFEDERACY OF DUNCES!" ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:54:52 am by Barbarella »

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 02:14:21 am »
Hey Barb. This little fact might cheer you up. The fact that this attitude is newsworthy in and of itself is a very good thing. The fact that this happens rarely enough that when it does happen, it's worth taking note of.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 02:25:04 am »
Yeah, pretty much Dalton is one of those mind-your-own-business and go your own way type towns.   When out and out stuff like this happens, it does draw attention.  Was born there and lived there until '88, and still commute there often several times a month. 
Just an old factory town.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 02:28:16 am by SpaceProg »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 08:16:17 am »
Hey Barb. This little fact might cheer you up. The fact that this attitude is newsworthy in and of itself is a very good thing. The fact that this happens rarely enough that when it does happen, it's worth taking note of.

What attitude? Being a bigoted hillbillies and getting into ill-fated truck processions involving stupid traitor flags?

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 09:21:04 am »
Yes.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast