Author Topic: A very important announcement  (Read 3183 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: A very important announcement
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 09:48:08 pm »
You could always go Wiccan. They're not even trying to hide the fact that they're just making it up as they go along, so it should be perfect for you and your cause.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 11:57:31 pm »
You really shouldn't be Anglican, since that denomination was established by a post-William monarch. You should probably convert to one of the popular religions in England circa 1060. (Which may mean remaining Catholic, of course.)

But since the Catholic Church supported Williams invasion, I should convert to a Church associated with England since there isn’t other options.

There's always Saxon neo-paganism.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 12:40:04 am »
You really shouldn't be Anglican, since that denomination was established by a post-William monarch. You should probably convert to one of the popular religions in England circa 1060. (Which may mean remaining Catholic, of course.)

But since the Catholic Church supported Williams invasion, I should convert to a Church associated with England since there isn’t other options.
Form your own church, given your spotless record of conversions what could possibly go wrong?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 01:26:24 am »
Guys, guys, Jacob tried making his own church already, you recall his little blogspot page, right?

That was SUCH a riproaring success...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 01:52:10 am »
Jacob I almost admire your dedication to finding this rightful king but you need to understand something.  The reason every time you think you've found him another issue comes up and you need to look elsewhere is because that's how all of history went.  There is no true heir to find, just more theft, conquest, force and sexual misdeeds.  Your hunt for the true heir will send you back further and further until you run out of accurate written records and then what will you do?

You'd be better off just trying to start a new royal line from scratch then continue this futile quest. 

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2018, 02:05:35 am »
Or accepting the will of the people as expressed through Parliament.

But, again, the Anglican Church is illegitimate, as it was established by an illegitimate monarch. England at the time was mostly Catholic, so you should also be Catholic.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2018, 02:26:06 am »
Jacob I almost admire your dedication to finding this rightful king but you need to understand something.  The reason every time you think you've found him another issue comes up and you need to look elsewhere is because that's how all of history went.  There is no true heir to find, just more theft, conquest, force and sexual misdeeds.  Your hunt for the true heir will send you back further and further until you run out of accurate written records and then what will you do?

You'd be better off just trying to start a new royal line from scratch then continue this futile quest.

...Do you REALLY want to give him that kind of an idea?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2018, 03:49:24 am »
The Anglican church was created because one guy wanted to get a divorce.

Pastafarism was created to fuck with people who wanted Creationism to be considered as valid as science.

Mormonism was created to let one guy have lots of wives.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2018, 08:20:15 am »
Ironbitism was created in order to justify killing morons on the internet.

Ironbite-you see how this works?