Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2025452 times)

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2012, 12:03:53 am »
Look, man.  I don't use your photograph manipulation programs.  I don't understand your fancy technical jargon like layers, and blur, and lens flare.  In my day, we made lines on a piece of paper with a hunk of graphite, and we were happy, dagnabbit!
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Aqualung

• Crazy Person Magnet
  • Apprentice
  • I don't know and neither do you!
« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2012, 12:11:56 am »
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun." --Billy Joel

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2012, 12:21:00 am »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2012, 12:22:01 am »

Where is that dryer located at?? I'll spend all day there(Yes, I LOVE my bacon).

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2012, 01:46:55 am »

Where is that dryer located at?? I'll spend all day there(Yes, I LOVE my bacon).

If creationists wanted to point to the existence of a loving god they would show you a pig and all the wonderful foodstuffs that comes from this animal.

...and then you would still own them by pointing out that the Judeo-Christian-Islamic god hates bacon and it says so right in their holy book.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2012, 01:59:24 am »
Off topic: why DO the Abrahamic religions hate bacon so much? All three--Christianity, Judaism, and Islam--specifically forbid eating pork and call the pig an 'unclean' animal in ways that makes it clear it doesn't just mean it's physically dirty. I've heard a two explanations for this: that in the hot climates where these three religions originated, pigs roll in mud and urine to keep cool because they can't sweat, making them filthy and disgusting, and that they have cloven hooves like demons were said to have and that made them 'bad' or 'evil'. (And that this is why Judaism also forbids eating certain other animals, like goats, because they also have cloven hooves.) I don't know which, if either, is true or if there's some other reason.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2012, 02:07:07 am »
There are a few possible reasons.  For one thing, pigs are a poor choice for a food animal in the desert, simply because of the relative cost in terms of resources to raise them (they like to have a lot of water around).  For another, the Jewish dietary laws (upon which the others were based) tend to discriminate against animals seen to go against the "natural" order.  Pigs have cloven hooves, but they don't chew cud like cows or other animals you're supposed to eat.  There was something suspect about them and their place in God's creation.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2012, 02:20:49 am »
There's also the fact that eating pork back in the day was hit or miss.  Nowadays pork is pretty safe to eat but back then it was crawling with buggies that made a mess of your insides.  Couple that with the fact that there's a reason we call human flesh "longpork" and so there's that taboo there.

Ironbite-but really it's just a lot of stupid superstition

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2012, 05:03:17 am »

Don't mind me. Just posting funny pics and resolving the above conversation in one fell swoop.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2012, 05:28:05 am »

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:32:06 am by Shane for Wax »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2012, 09:24:13 am »
I was watching this episode of The Simpsons, and I thought this scene would make a good Forever Alone thing. So I made one.

22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2012, 11:40:32 am »
There's also the fact that eating pork back in the day was hit or miss.  Nowadays pork is pretty safe to eat but back then it was crawling with buggies that made a mess of your insides.  Couple that with the fact that there's a reason we call human flesh "longpork" and so there's that taboo there.

This, primarily. Same thing with shellfish at the time.

Hence why they aren't considered edible.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2012, 01:02:26 pm »
Hades, that is awesomely awesome. I shall save it.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2012, 06:04:33 pm »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2012, 02:37:57 am »

Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades