Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1628899 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2012, 05:57:40 pm »
I can imagine that boy intelligently saying...

"Thank you, sir.  Thank you for fighting for my rights.  Both the right to stand up to pledge allegiance and the right to not stand up.  In many of the countries you fought, they would force such things on their children.  Stand up and pledge allegiance, or die.  You fought so that I have the choice to sit down.  The right to disagree with my country.  Thank you, sir."

And then the kid salutes him.

And the man salutes back, tears in his eyes.  And the teacher just feels guilty for trying to guilt-trip her students into such a thing.

...Ah, but we know that last part would never happen.

Depends which country. If he's a veteran of anything after 1945, he wasn't fighting for any American's freedom. In fact, in the vast majority of cases, American soldiers since '45 have been fighting against the advance of freedom.

The Korean War?

America not at threat. Korean wasn't really either (the Southern government was no better than the North).
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2012, 06:23:45 pm »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2012, 06:52:10 pm »
That cartoon is genius & it doesn't even know why.

Hint: Those are all right wing buzz words for things you should be afraid of, sometimes instead of actual issues.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2012, 08:28:42 pm »
Having served in the US Military I can say the pledge definitely has it's place, and I encourage its use for military personnel and other government workers (such as politicians) as upholding it is a part of their specific duty. I do not, however, think it really belongs in our schools. Children are not able to really understand it when it's first done (I remember it being recited as early as Kindergarten, though I can't remember if it was in pre-school or not), and putting it in such a place makes them feel it's a necessity instead of a choice. Some people desire to move to another country when they grow up (for whatever reason), and there's also the issue of exchange students and students who are a citizen of multiple countries. I also do not appreciate it made into something that people will mindlessly recite, as that is one of the best ways to degrade it into complete meaninglessness.
[anecdote]When I was really young I didn't understand why the nation was invisible.[/anecdote]

The real reason they added "under God" to the Pledge was so no one would say "one naked individual" ever again. :P
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2012, 08:36:01 pm »
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united states of naked women.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2012, 08:44:14 pm »
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united states of naked women.

....And to the Phalluses, which they make stand?
I couldn't resist, sorry.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2012, 08:46:40 pm »
I thought "Under God" was added during the Cold War because America wanted to distance itself from those filthy godless commies as much as possible.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2012, 09:36:56 pm »
I thought "Under God" was added during the Cold War because America wanted to distance itself from those filthy godless commies as much as possible.

Er, filthy commies are naked individuals?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2012, 12:49:01 am »

Under God was added in 1954 despite Bellamy's family's protests. The official story is that Bowman first added "Under God" because of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. The Knights of Columbus added it a bit earlier than 1954. Langmack wrote to have it officially added to the Pledge spoken by all across the US. Eisenhower, at Docherty's service and being a born again Christian felt that Under God should be added in there to affirm the US's spirituality and faith in God.

Though some people have taken it to believe it was added during the 50s because of Communist hate. It was more like we had a born again Christian who was all too eager to go 'hey guys, guys, look I'm a Christian! Look! I added Under God into a pledge everyone has to recite! Look!" But that's my take on it. Bellamy's family has never forgiven the change. For multiple reasons.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2012, 12:53:51 am »
[anecdote]When I was really young I didn't understand why the nation was invisible.[/anecdote]

When I was a child, I misinterpreted the "Stand on guard for thee" lines in O Canada as "Stand on God for thee".

Probably with your boot on his neck, clothing torn in sexually suggestive but ultimately unrevealing fashion, blood dripping from various wounds as you howl your victorious rage at the sky.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2012, 03:18:08 am »

When I was a child, I misinterpreted the "Stand on guard for thee" lines in O Canada as "Stand on God for thee".

Probably with your boot on his neck, clothing torn in sexually suggestive but ultimately unrevealing fashion, blood dripping from various wounds as you howl your victorious rage at the sky.

Sounds like the cover for a metal album.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2012, 08:06:14 am »

&

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2012, 09:27:55 am »
Bloody velocipedestriennes. Public nuisance is what they are.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2012, 06:01:28 pm »

This actually proves Dawkin's point. So the boy made the pony, and even though the pony can not see or hear the boy, the boy exists. Gotcha. The boy is supposed to represent the God that created us, the God that we can neither see nor hear. I'm with the cartoonist so far....but wait. The point the cartoon is trying to refute is the "who created God" bit. But....the boy, our metaphor for God in this cartoon, has a verifiable, identifiable creator in his parents, and a well-understood method by which he was created.

The cartoon seems to be arguing that God indeed does have a creator. But if God has a creator, then wouldn't that make him limited and therefore.....not God?

This cartoon argues against itself.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2012, 06:17:12 pm »
Linked because huge. Erm... I don't really... huh?

That looks like an advertisement for sexy blouses and the utility of bikes.