Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1089926 times)

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #495 on: May 22, 2012, 11:28:32 am »
Not political but:

I'm not liking the implications those parentheses are making. *squints*

Also, Adele has the smile of the cute! =3
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #496 on: May 22, 2012, 01:33:31 pm »
I wonder if that person is Paltrow's and Adele's personal physican?

You can't just look at a skinny person and assume they're healtier than a chubby person. It doesn't work that way.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #497 on: May 22, 2012, 01:47:27 pm »
Lets also not forget mental health. It isn't healthy at all to obsess over your weight like these people want.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #498 on: May 22, 2012, 04:08:45 pm »
You can't just look at a skinny person and assume they're healtier than a chubby person. It doesn't work that way.

I'm not saying that picture is right, because someone's weight has no bearing on their "worth" as a person. Adele is successful because she's a good singer, not because she's skinny, and her opinion doesn't suddenly become invalid because she's fat.

However, I'm willing to bet that someone who can run five miles and do 20 push-ups (pretty typical for the Hollywood "skinny" crowd) is probably healthier than someone who, because they're carrying 50+ lbs of extra weight, can't climb one flight of stairs without their heart-rate rising.

Offline OscarApollo

• Neonate
« Reply #499 on: May 22, 2012, 05:12:15 pm »
I'd also add that I know tons of fat people who are still hot and tons of thin people who are still ugly. Not that it contributes to their worth as a person either way, of course, but I hate this narrow standard of human beauty that "fat = ugly".

Also, the assumption that fat people can't be outgoing or hard-working. Jeez.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #500 on: May 22, 2012, 06:01:09 pm »
I'd also add that I know tons of fat people who are still hot and tons of thin people who are still ugly. Not that it contributes to their worth as a person either way, of course, but I hate this narrow standard of human beauty that "fat = ugly".

I don't know what world your living in but beauty does have a significant effect on the worth of a person to others. I remember a study a while back that said something to the affect of "beautiful" people being more likely to get a job and that they make more money on average. Like it or not, being beautiful or ugly does effect your worth. It's bullshit and it pisses me off, but that doesn't change anything.

I have a feeling that the fact girls rarely talk to me might have something to do with the fact that I don't come anywhere near what most people consider attractive.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #501 on: May 22, 2012, 06:13:55 pm »

I don't know what world your living in but beauty does have a significant effect on the worth of a person to others. I remember a study a while back that said something to the affect of "beautiful" people being more likely to get a job and that they make more money on average. Like it or not, being beautiful or ugly does effect your worth. It's bullshit and it pisses me off, but that doesn't change anything.

I have a feeling that the fact girls rarely talk to me might have something to do with the fact that I don't come anywhere near what most people consider attractive.

Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #502 on: May 22, 2012, 06:53:19 pm »

Just so you know, this is an is/ought fallacy.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #503 on: May 22, 2012, 07:05:31 pm »
I should just point out that Gwyneth Paltrow's diet and exercise regimen is essentially anorexia. I don't know about Adele, though I do think she looks older than she actually is and I'm not sure why. They're both lovely, and I like both of them (PEPPER POTTS IS AWESOME, HUSH).

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #504 on: May 22, 2012, 08:33:56 pm »
I take it the two recently acquired "Fuck No"s are from my last comment. Maybe I wasn't reading the post I quoted right. Which part is a is/ought fallacy(which I can't say I know what is). I probably RAGE posted out of anger at sign. Can you two clarify what's wrong with my post. I'm sure there's something wrong with it, I just want clarification on what and why for future reference and more enlightened posting in the future. I probably shouldn't have added that last sentence to the post.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #505 on: May 22, 2012, 08:48:47 pm »
Just for the record, my overweight sister is definitely healthier than I am, and I'm skinny.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #506 on: May 22, 2012, 10:06:08 pm »
I should just point out that Gwyneth Paltrow's diet and exercise regimen is essentially anorexia.

Eh. 1.5 hours of exercise five days a week isn't necessarily excessive (depending on what she's doing), and she didn't mention anything about her diet. The bit about "killing" herself could have just been an exaggerated way of saying that she works hard to maintain her physique, which doesn't automatically equate anorexia.

Not that one can assume that she's healthy, either -- or healthier than Adele, for that matter. That's pretty much up to their respective doctors to decide.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #507 on: May 22, 2012, 10:37:27 pm »
I should just point out that Gwyneth Paltrow's diet and exercise regimen is essentially anorexia.

Eh. 1.5 hours of exercise five days a week isn't necessarily excessive (depending on what she's doing), and she didn't mention anything about her diet. The bit about "killing" herself could have just been an exaggerated way of saying that she works hard to maintain her physique, which doesn't automatically equate anorexia.

Not that one can assume that she's healthy, either -- or healthier than Adele, for that matter. That's pretty much up to their respective doctors to decide.

I read that at least one of her diets involves almost no protein and another involves "cleansing" (basically eating and drinking nothing but weird cocktails).

Saturn500

« Reply #508 on: May 22, 2012, 10:49:35 pm »
Can we please get this back on topic?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #509 on: May 23, 2012, 12:38:49 am »
Can we please get this back on topic?

What's the point of having a political picture thread if you don't discuss the pictures and their content?  I've always seen this topic as something more than a generic image thread...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.