Author Topic: American Football  (Read 12432 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
American Football
« on: January 18, 2012, 02:28:42 am »
I know we probably don't have that many but getting close to the Super Bowl I figured we could talk about our respective teams. :)

I am a 49ers fan thru and thru. Nothing has made me waver. Nothing has taken my loyalty away. I will be a Niners fan until the day I die. I bleed scarlet and gold.

When I had just been born they went on to the Super Bowl with a 55-10 win against the Broncos. This was at the 1990 super bowl for the 1989 season. I am rooting for a repeat of the kind of game that was.

What are your teams and condolences to those who never made it to the play-offs this year.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: American Football
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 02:54:13 am »
I...like the Redskins.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:13:06 am »
Shane and I could have quite the back and forth coming up, because I'm a Ravens fan.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 07:15:15 am »
I am a Carolina Panthers fan, myself.  Yeah, I know, laugh now if you want, but we're on the way back.

I was a Niners fan until the Panthers came along, and still have a bit of a soft spot left over for them.  So I'll be pulling for them against the Giants this weekend. 

I'm also hoping the Ravens beat the Patriots.  Not so much that I like the Ravens, I'm just so fricking tired of the Patriots.  Plus it would be a really good match-up with 2 really good defenses.  But another intriguing thing about a 49er-Ravens match-up would be the first time in Super Bowl history the opposing head coaches were brothers.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 07:26:46 am »
I am a life-long Steelers fan. Where I grew up, the closest city with pro sports teams was Pittsburgh, so the local papers covered those teams. (BTW, "closest" does not mean "close." Pittsburgh is about 4-5 hours from where I lived.) I have a Terrible Towel and wave it every time I watch the Steelers in the Super Bowl.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »
I have no interest in NFL football, other than being anti-Broncos due to a certain quarterback.

I do however follow NCAA football somewhat, although my team's season is over and I forgot who won some of the other bowl games.  I'm a Huskers fan, btw.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 04:19:01 pm »
Bills. <sobs softly>

Then there's the cultured English woman's description of American football: "It is huge heavily -padded men running into one another at full force for no discernible reason."
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 04:19:56 pm »
I don't watch football, but my parents are both Bills fans. Conversations tend to go this way:

Random Person: Do you watch football?
Parent: Yeah, I'm a Bills fan.
Random Person: My god, I'm sorry...
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 04:35:27 pm »
If you were looking for the world's most half-assed Saints fan, your search is over. I've only just found out that they're out of the running, and my reaction was a flat "oh".
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 05:15:42 pm »
Would it be wrong of me to attempt to become a Colts fan just because I'm a brony?  I'm not saying I would, because honestly I don't know if I really care enough about the NFL to try, but...
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 05:26:13 pm »
Would it be wrong of me to attempt to become a Colts fan just because I'm a brony?  I'm not saying I would, because honestly I don't know if I really care enough about the NFL to try, but...

Or the Broncos, but then you'd have to get all into that Tebowmania bullshit.  So just stay with the Colts.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 05:48:27 pm »
I grew up a huge 49ers fan (back when Montana and Young were badasses) and dad and I had some good bonding time over that.  Nowadays I'm somewhat of a Steelers fan, because I went to school with Troy Polamalu.  Troy was the one decent dude I knew from my first high school.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline malendras

• Neonate
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 05:55:31 pm »
Yes, I really like football. I'm a HUGE New York Jets fan, which has been really interesting for the past 3 years. I also like the Ravens, just 'cause of their defensive awesomeness, and kinda the Saints. But I'll root against them in .3 seconds if they're playing the Jets. Don't get me started on this past season. You'll get an essay. A large one.

Offline Shano

• Bishop
  • Trust me, I am a doctor.
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 05:55:47 pm »
I am a fan of the DREAM TEAM...

Oh wait... nothing dreamy about the Eagles this year.

Also I have always said that despite how awful a QB Tebow is, and how despicable to me his philosophical views are, he has an extremely attractive to me body.
The unbreakable wall

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 07:54:43 pm »
I am a life-long Steelers fan. Where I grew up, the closest city with pro sports teams was Pittsburgh, so the local papers covered those teams. (BTW, "closest" does not mean "close." Pittsburgh is about 4-5 hours from where I lived.) I have a Terrible Towel and wave it every time I watch the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

depending on how old you are I'm sure that towel is lonely.

Also, if I tried to be a fan of every team my NCAA football team has players in I'd be stretched a tad thin.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!