Author Topic: Turn to God before it is too late  (Read 29892 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Turn to God before it is too late
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2012, 09:20:06 am »
Or you can just start revering me! I always wondered how an atheist god king would work out.

You don't fool me for a second, Distind. You just want to quit your real job and enjoy all the many tax breaks of having a religion. You just want that perverse pleasure of having FSTDT recognized as a holy site.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 10:54:20 am »
Isn't there some evidence that at least a few popes have filled that role already? I seem to remember hearing of one who said, "It has served us well, this myth of Christ," though I can't remember which one.

It has been attributed to Pope Leo X but is more likely from a satirical play that was written during his papacy.  While the actor playing the pope said the words, it is unlikely that the real Pope ever uttered them.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2012, 11:02:24 am »
Why just go Atheist God King?

Why not go the full way and be the Atheist God-Emperor of Mankind?
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Distind

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 11:06:05 am »

It's been done.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 11:13:24 am »

It's been done.

Not for another 28k years or so, so you can beat him to the punch.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2012, 02:15:45 pm »

It's been done.

Not for another 28k years or so, so you can beat him to the punch.

Screw that, I'm following the brainwashing blue-skinned communists. Then again, they won't be around for another 32 thousand years...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:17:30 pm by Wolf Lord Waldorf X »
Who needs a signature?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 06:36:08 pm »
This is the first of these I've witnessed on here.

He was fairly entertaining, but not quite up to stuff. Debating him would've been entertaining, though his random spouts of racism and homophobia seemed a little too typical.

Does he really think Jesus would jive with such sentiments?

I repeat what Gandhi said: I like your Christ, I dislike your Christians. They are not like your Christ.

These people simply use their religion to justify abhorrent ends, most of them hypocritical to the teachings of their own holy book. I hold people to their standards their belief system sets up, and fundamentalists fail their own standards.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 10:20:55 pm »

He was fairly entertaining, but not quite up to stuff. Debating him would've been entertaining, though his random spouts of racism and homophobia seemed a little too typical.
A couple versions of the forum ago, we used to get these kind of guys all the time, and a lot of them would stick around and debate for a long time. It was a lot of fun backing them into corners with logic and watching them squirm.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2012, 11:46:08 pm »

A couple versions of the forum ago, we used to get these kind of guys all the time, and a lot of them would stick around and debate for a long time. It was a lot of fun backing them into corners with logic and watching them squirm.

I preferred the intelligent ones that occasionally would join our community. Are any of those guys still around?
Who needs a signature?

Offline lazerfrog

• Neonate
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2012, 12:06:00 am »

Does he really think Jesus would jive with such sentiments?

I repeat what Gandhi said: I like your Christ, I dislike your Christians. They are not like your Christ.

These people simply use their religion to justify abhorrent ends, most of them hypocritical to the teachings of their own holy book. I hold people to their standards their belief system sets up, and fundamentalists fail their own standards.

You can't honestly think he was being serious.  Nobody is stupid enough to think you can outlaw a race, and anyone who was probably wouldn't know how to find this place.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2012, 08:20:13 am »
You must be new here.  We used to get that sort of shit all the time.

Ironbite-nothing really to it.  Just a troll to be flushed.

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2012, 08:35:17 am »

Skyfire was my favorite, although I guess he doesn't really qualify as a troll, considering how genuine he seems with his beliefs. But "genuine" trolls like Mr. Mannn were just annoying.

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2012, 11:19:54 am »
Skyfire was my favorite, although I guess he doesn't really qualify as a troll, considering how genuine he seems with his beliefs. But "genuine" trolls like Mr. Mannn were just annoying.

I don't know, we had a few good ones. Carico, American Cowboy, and a couple others whos' names escape me at the moment.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2012, 11:36:27 am »
How about Defensor Fidei, the neo nazi?

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2012, 11:39:57 am »
Remember when our friends at Loveshy got all butthurt when some of them started ending up on the Main Page?