Author Topic: OC activist arrested for double murder  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
OC activist arrested for double murder
« on: December 12, 2014, 05:14:09 am »
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/11/1351102/-Open-Carry-activist-who-rallied-at-Target-and-other-businesses-arrested-for-double-murder

She was one of those (white) people who were walking around with assault rifles and not being any kind of threat to anyone and therefore safe from police harassment...

Now she is a suspect in the murders of her husband and daughter.

Relevant comments from her buddies in the pro-Open Carry camp:

I knew her, I'm not that surprised.
...You knew she was a threat but did nothing? If it is not a suprise that she was going to kill her family why the hell did you not act? This is not normal, this is not something that you should just keep your mouth shut about. Regardless of how you feel about carrying firearms or gun control PEOPLE WHO ARE A THREAT TO OTHER PEOPLE should not be walking around with assault rifles.

Antigun groups are gonna go to town on that one.
...Because that is the real tragedy, right?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: OC activist arrested for double murder
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 10:24:53 am »
Meh, the fact that she was an open carry activist is really beside the point. I had heard about this in passing and from what I recall she was arrested after she drove herself to the nut house. I could speculate as to the motives (divorce turned nasty, mental break) but it would only be speculation.

As it stands now, she's been arrested for the crime so we'll have to see what the investigators find.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 11:37:23 am »
I wonder if she'll claim she was defending herself from her husband and kid...

Would even an OC hack be that crazy...?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 12:51:48 pm »
I wonder if she'll claim she was defending herself from her husband and kid...

Would even an OC hack be that crazy...?

Some of them might be.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 01:08:37 pm »
Meh, the fact that she was an open carry activist is really beside the point. I had heard about this in passing and from what I recall she was arrested after she drove herself to the nut house. I could speculate as to the motives (divorce turned nasty, mental break) but it would only be speculation.

As it stands now, she's been arrested for the crime so we'll have to see what the investigators find.

Her being an OC activist is not as big a deal as the fact that the other OC activists reacting that a) They knew this was quite likely to happen but did nothing and b) Their main concern is that this might make them look bad.

I also think that the OC advocates are silly as is OC in general, but their reactions are quite awful and that is why the suspect being one of them is relevant to the discussion.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!