Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156149 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #630 on: April 23, 2018, 10:17:29 pm »
Glad to see you’re still in the picture, AC.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #631 on: April 24, 2018, 09:00:02 am »
Check out this TOTALLY BIZARRE post from Lady Checkmate.  I think she's seriously coming unglued.

The story is about Donald Trump, and in response to a poster's question "Was the DHS secretary really unsure of donald's feelings towards the caravan? what was the point of reiterating?", she responded with this:

"The alt-left likes to don masks, hate, force their beliefs on others and walk-through warnings. They foolishly believe if they show up (even after being asked and ultimately warned not to show up) and act the fool, they'll get their way or make a strong political statement. They usually fail at both, miserably. But, they have no dignity nor shame so they continue to ignore respectful requests (that escalate to warnings), they continue to physically attack, UNTIL others defend themselves and beat the hell out of them and then those cry-bullies, just cry like the weaklings they are."

Seriously, what does that have to do with Donald Trump or a caravan of immigrants?  She sounds like she's attacking the people who are trolling her on her channel.  "Respectful requests"?  What?  What???

The cheese has slipped off this woman's cracker.  I hope the main site comes back up soon because I'd LOVE to submit this one.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-newsnetwork/trump_says_he_has_instructed_dhs_secretary_nielsen_not_to_let_caravans_into_us_it_is_a_disgrace/

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #632 on: April 24, 2018, 09:26:39 am »
Two comments on that thread I would respond to (if I wasn't already banned, that is!):

I must add also why do dimdems think illegal aliens have citizen rights here in the U.S. lol if you're not a legal citizen you should have no rights go back to your country if ya want citizens rights.

Good. They have no rights here anyway.

The first one is kinda half right, illegals don't have ALL the rights of citizens, but the second one is just flat-out WRONG.  For people who probably go on and on about the Constitution, they don't sound like they actually READ the damn thing.  Like the 14th Amendment, for one:  "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

I bet if I wasn't already banned, I'd get banned for pointing that out.  Even though I'd be just pointing out facts.  But, of course, the 14th is probably these guys' least favorite amendment.  Half of them if not more would probably like to have it repealed, so they could get away with discrimination.

I guess Trump and these people don't believe in the whole "Give me your tired, your poor" thing...

Also, Trump's tweet about the issue makes no sense.

Despite the Democrat inspired laws on Sanctuary Cities and the Border being so bad and one sided, I have instructed the Secretary of Homeland Security not to let these large Caravans of people into our Country.

Either "despite" should be "because of", or "being so bad and one sided" should be removed, or it should have been "that are so bad..."

But, ya know, this is Mr. Covfefe here, so what should I expect?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:37:28 am by KingOfRhye »

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #633 on: April 24, 2018, 09:38:27 am »
I bet if I wasn't already banned, I'd get banned for pointing that out. 

She runs an airtight ship, painstakingly squeezed dry of dissenting voices.  It's more like a lunatic zoo, we can see all the lunatics inside and hear what they are saying, but we can't interact with any of them.  "Echo chamber" doesn't BEGIN to describe Lady Checkmate's channels.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #634 on: April 27, 2018, 04:18:13 pm »
Slow news day for Christian News Network. Heather Clark just posted an almost word for word copy of a three year old article she first published on April 3, 2015.  Memories Pizza was closed back then so announcing it is now closed is a real “fake news” event. Heather also declined to mention that the pizzeria raised over $840,000 with a GoFundMe campaign.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #635 on: April 27, 2018, 04:26:42 pm »
And of course Amos is in there like a dirty shirt flapping his gums about "homomirage" even though the story states clearly that it is unknown why the place closed.  His head is a very dark and empty place.

Does anyone know anything about Heather Clark, or Garrett Haley?

I know the site was started by Michael Marcavage.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:24:06 pm by Jocasta »

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #636 on: April 28, 2018, 08:35:02 am »
2 of my comments on Christian News Network were just removed (the ones I made on that story about the "Free Speech Zone" signs)...."detected as spam."  WTF?  I don't even know how, if it is possible, to contact them about that, tell 'em "hey, this ain't spam, assholes"

Hmm, but wait a minute....now I notice that it says "Thanks, we'll work on getting this corrected" when I pull them up in my past comments.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #637 on: April 28, 2018, 09:53:18 am »
Hmm, but wait a minute....now I notice that it says "Thanks, we'll work on getting this corrected" when I pull them up in my past comments.

I have had that before, and they never do fix it. They don’t care.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #638 on: April 28, 2018, 12:43:04 pm »
Jon Wooten didn't last long
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #639 on: April 28, 2018, 12:52:43 pm »
Amos has gold status over there or something. He gets away with the worst behaviour and anyone who goes up against him gets banned.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #640 on: April 29, 2018, 05:14:56 pm »
I hope the main site gets back up soon because I can't contain all the craziness I'm encountering.  Let me share a couple here.

Firstly, since some of you have gotten addicted, here's a new Mick Williams cartoon:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-faithreligion/todays_laugh_4_29_18/

Secondly, this was posted on Lady Checkmate's Faith and Religion page, one of the only times I've seen someone other than Lady Checkmate or Mick post something that was allowed to remain there.  Fortunately, it's great.  Sample:  "We have Artificial Intelligence (AI) all over the place. Will we also be looking at all of the AI being possessed by Demons during the Tribulation? If so, then all of the robots being infused with AI can also be demonically possessed."

Demon-possessed robot discussion here:
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-faithreligion/todays_laugh_4_29_18/]https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-faithreligion/technology_and_possession/]https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-faithreligion/todays_laugh_4_29_18/

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:18:01 pm by Jocasta »

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #641 on: April 30, 2018, 08:33:36 am »
Artificially-intelligent demon-possessed Satanic robots.  These people are actually seriously considering that to be a possibility.  Holy shit.  (or maybe that should be "UNholy shit"...)

Also, what gene4781 said:  "we are doubling the world's knowledge every two years."   First of all, he considers that to be a BAD thing.  And also, I want a citation for that.  Where did get that information?  (which is knowledge itself - uh oh!)  How exactly do you quantify "the world's knowledge"?

And I like the exchange where the one guy was basically saying "don't worry, kids have been beating AIs for years" and he comes back with "Update. AI's are now beating World Chess Champions"  Hmm....maybe someone should tell him that's been going on for 20 years actually??  ("Deep Blue" beat Kasparov in '97...and I just read how a chess program running on a smartphone won a tournament against strong human players in 2009)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 08:52:57 am by KingOfRhye »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #642 on: April 30, 2018, 10:14:23 am »
He's confusing Artificial Limited Intelligences (purpose-built for specific tasks) with Artificial General Intelligences (capable of human-level reasoning and flexibility).  Even things like NEAT-based neural networks that are capable of very complicated behaviours are still only ever built for a singular purpose.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #643 on: April 30, 2018, 03:50:02 pm »
Also, what gene4781 said:  "we are doubling the world's knowledge every two years."   
Where did get that information?

Google "doubling the world's knowledge"
http://www.industrytap.com/knowledge-doubling-every-12-months-soon-to-be-every-12-hours/395

It does have some profound implications for education.

Also, Saturday night I watched the 1927 movie "Wings". Reflect on the technology and knowledge behind it in the last 90 years for aviation, automobiles, and cinematography,

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #644 on: April 30, 2018, 07:54:33 pm »
I guess the worst part for me is that someone would consider a vast increase in knowledge to be a BAD THING.