Author Topic: Conservatives lambast Romney, vow to take over Republican Party  (Read 10459 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Conservatives lambast Romney, vow to take over Republican Party
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:35:13 pm »
Conservative leaders on Wednesday lashed out at Mitt Romney, saying his attempts to paint himself as a centrist and hide his principles cost him the presidency.

They vowed to wage a war to put the Tea Party in charge of the Republican Party by the time it nominates its next presidential candidate.

“The battle to take over the Republican Party begins today and the failed Republican leadership should resign,” said Richard Viguerie, a top activist and chairman of ConservativeHQ.com.

He said the lesson on Romney’s loss to President Obama on Tuesday is that the GOP must “never again” nominate a “a big government established conservative for president.”

Jenny Beth Martin of Tea Party Patriots said Romney failed to make the kind of strong case for conservatism that would have won the election.

She described Romney as a “weak, moderate candidate hand-picked by the country club elite Republican establishment.”

“They didn’t see a clear distinction so they went with what they know,” she said of voters.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/266649-conservatives-lambast-romney-vow-to-take-over-gop

Well we all knew this was going to happen.   Keep going to the right into irrelevancy!
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Conservatives lambast Romney, vow to take over Republican Party
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:37:39 pm »
Yeah because it was centrists like Todd Akin, Richard Mourdock, George Allen, Joe Walsh and Allen West who lost...

I guess they'll truly never learn from their mistakes. Oh well.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 01:39:08 pm »
RIght and up until they are less Republican party and more the fascist party, please, become irrelevant and let someone like the Libertarians or the Green party to come in to take over. Would be nice to see a fresh face on the party block.

But you can never get rid of democrats, they've been around since there were political parties!

Though the tea party motivation has dropped and mostly dropped off, so we'll probably see Republicans move towards the center.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 01:47:43 pm »
Santorum, Bachman, and Perry ran in the primaries. People - actual Republicans - vote in primaries. If "actual Republicans" wanted an actual  conservative, they had options. The fact is, Romney came out of primary season the winner.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 02:42:03 pm »
By all means, Republicans, jump off the deep end. It'll make things so much easier for the left.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 04:16:21 pm »
The libertarians are worse.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 04:24:26 pm »

I disagree. Libertarians are a danger to their country, Fascists are a threat to all the countries around them.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 04:27:09 pm »

How are libertarians worse?

I disagree with libertarians on most issues, but I disagree with conservatives on every issue.

Libertarians are in favor of ending the war on drugs, leaving marriage equality and abortion up to the states, scaling back the military, ending America's interventionist foreign policy, and protecting civil liberties and privacy rights.

I don't see conservatives supporting any of those things.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:38:29 pm by VirtualStranger »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 04:37:33 pm »

I disagree. Libertarians are a danger to their country, Fascists are a threat to all the countries around them.

You make a convincing argument. I take it back; neo-cons are the worst.

It's all very well to be able to marry, but if you're unemployed and starving it won't help you much, will it?

leaving marriage equality and abortion up to the states,

Ie, banning them...
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline worlder

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 05:24:26 pm »
I would feel bad for most of the Republicans if the party chose to revolve around the Tea Party axis.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 05:34:23 pm »
I would feel bad for most of the Republicans if the party chose to revolve around the Tea Party axis.

It doesn't already?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 06:12:22 pm »
Good luck there Tea Party.  Your support is from Faux Noise which is the media arm of the very party you're attempting to take over.  You don't have the money to take it over.

Ironbite-but good luck trying.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 06:19:36 pm »
This was utterly predictable.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 07:09:20 pm »

I disagree with libertarians on most issues, but I disagree with conservatives on every issue.

Libertarians are in favor of ending the war on drugs, leaving marriage equality and abortion up to the states...
Many Libertarians don't simply believe same-sex marriage and abortion rights should be left up to the states, they also actively support those measures.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 09:12:53 pm »

It doesn't already?

Not enough according to them.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.