Author Topic: Lets get crispy  (Read 3893 times)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: Lets get crispy
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 11:02:05 pm »
Looks like a Darwin Award in the making.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 08:10:50 pm »
I noticed he's from Kentucky. I didn't know KFC was expanding their menu to cater to cannibals.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 08:51:21 pm »
KFT - Kentucky Fried Teenager.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 12:31:38 am »
Although I'm sure pre-teens and teenagers doing stupid things has, is, and forever will be something that happens, this report reminds me of all the news reports of kids and teenagers doing stupid things when the show Jackass was on MTV.  MTV and the show had stated from the very beginning that they would not accept submissions from fans.  Still, it didn't stop young people from trying the stunts and submitting tapes in hope of fame.

I also remember one time when I was in high school, a person I knew was with his friends doing some kind of stunt involving skateboarding over an open flame.  Long story short, the person, who was wearing pants, didn't clear over and landed in the flames. The pants caught on fire, and he received 2nd to 3rd degree burns on his legs.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 09:09:09 am »
traditionally speaking, humans learn better from experience (that's why it took me years until i could comfortably say i can indeed build a fire). it took a friend of mine nearly losing his thumb to understand that machetes are not toys. now, he flinches from machetes and goes into the woods with a hatchet. some of our younger friends look up to us and listen only after we've saved their bacon. they have seen me catch on fire so many times that the fear response is gone (it's a running gag... "why isn't guizonde wearing pants?" "he caught fire... again. pass the salt, please"). naturally, between my experiences with fire and this "challenge" is a world of difference. if i catch on fire, i know to remain calm and to put out the flames. this does not mean that i would be able to handle being a human torch with the cool of a hypothermic ice cube.

in conclusion, there is a difference between calculated risk (like building a fire and lighting up the bonfire on a summer night) and natural selection ("hey, hold my beer and ready youtube!")

ps: @Kat S.: adolescence is the time when kids learn to become adults after all. most are lucky, but that poor bastard, was he okay afterwards?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 07:03:58 pm »
ps: @Kat S.: adolescence is the time when kids learn to become adults after all. most are lucky, but that poor bastard, was he okay afterwards?

The guy in my story is ok.  He missed only a week of school, and he was able to walk on his legs without physical therapy after getting burned.  The only really bad that came out of it was his legs were scarred.  I remember the week after he returned, he showed everyone his legs, and they look more like he had psoriasis than was burned.