Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Society and History / Re: 4Chan's "it's okay to be white" campaign
« Last post by Skybison on Today at 01:04:58 am »
It's for that same reason "Police lives matter" is racist.  Nobody ever said it isn't okay to be white.  The purpose of the campaign is to distract from actual problems by setting up a false equivalency as an excuse to start arguments and get angry.

Also I've got a question for you as well: If someone is claiming to be a Nazi online, but could just be either real or a troll, do you think assuming real is a bad thing, and if so why?
Politics and Government / Re: Sex Crime Allegations Against Roy Moore
« Last post by Skybison on Today at 12:51:50 am »
Speaking as a white guy, what the fuck is wrong with you white guys???

Once again Garrison makes a ridiculous cartoon. I'm too tired to point out all the stupidity in it.
Yeah, can't bring themselves to vote for the menace of the mall-commendable.
Can't bring themselves to vote for that civil rights lawyer either, hmmm!
Entertainment and Television / Disney Buys Fox Entertainment Divisions
« Last post by Lana Reverse on December 14, 2017, 11:10:01 pm »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/14/business/dealbook/disney-fox-deal.html

If this goes through, then I guess I'll have to stop correcting people about Anastasia not being a Disney movie.
Politics and Government / Re: Sex Crime Allegations Against Roy Moore
« Last post by Lana Reverse on December 14, 2017, 10:50:12 pm »
This report says that nearly two thirds of white women voted for Moore, regardless of kiddy diddling and that white voters gave Moore 68 per cent of their vote and Jones 30 per cent.

I'm seeing echoes of the US 2016 Federal election, most white voters happily supporting a known sexual predator so long as he promises to keep those "other" folks down.

I think the lesson the GOP will take home from this will be "suppress moar black votes!"

Is that 68 percent of white voters, or 68 percent of white people who voted?
Source:

Thanks, but I'd like to see the raw numbers and compare them to previous years. I have a hunch that a lot of white voters might've stayed home this election.

Edit: Looks like I was right. Given Jones' status as a hero of the civil rights era, it makes sense that Alabama's black population turned out in droves to support him. As for Moore, he was a turnoff to many less extreme right-wingers even ignoring the pedophilia allegations.
Society and History / Re: 4Chan's "it's okay to be white" campaign
« Last post by Lana Reverse on December 14, 2017, 10:36:24 pm »
You normalize and tacitly encourage and accept racism and/or naizism, and give credibility to the un-creditable "just joking" defense, depending which you were talking about.

Normalizing racism? It's a little late to be concerned about that. Besides, I fail to see how a five word sentence is going to turn people into Nazis.

Before I continue, I'd like to ask something. Do you think "it's okay to be white" is an inherently racist statement, or is the campaign forever tainted by the racism associated with it? Or do you think something else? I'd like to figure out where this board stands so I don't make wrong assumptions about your opinions.
Politics and Government / Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Last post by Id82 on December 14, 2017, 05:38:28 pm »
Well I'm already mooching my netflix account off of somebody else so it will be up to them if they're going to cancel or not when the prices go up.
« Last post by dpareja on December 14, 2017, 05:19:27 pm »
Man with the FCC killing Net Neutrality today I'm glad that I moved to Canada earlier this year.

It's still going to have an impact on Canadians, because US-based businesses (like Netflix) are going to have to raise their prices to pay the bribes the US ISPs are going to demand.
« Last post by Id82 on December 14, 2017, 04:14:30 pm »
Man with the FCC killing Net Neutrality today I'm glad that I moved to Canada earlier this year.
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Worldview Checkup
« Last post by Meshakhad on December 14, 2017, 03:14:42 pm »
46% Christian
15% Postmodern
0% New Spiritual
7.7% Islamic
31% Secular
0% Marxist

This is what happens when I compare my beliefs with Christians. A lot lines up just fine, but then they bring up Jesus, and I nope the fuck out. I also accept evolution, and Judaism's position on abortion and contraception is actually rather complicated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10