Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 585448 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #2970 on: February 04, 2017, 09:49:18 pm »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #2971 on: February 14, 2017, 02:46:00 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9wI2cE72cw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9wI2cE72cw</a>

Explanation: John Oliver said he had an ingenious plan to help educate Donald Trump on important issues: run commercials that would teach him these things during the news shows he watches in the morning. I didn't expect him to actually do it, but lo and behold, he actually did. Great work, John Oliver.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2972 on: February 14, 2017, 03:25:01 am »
Oliver follows through with his stunts. Like the time he bought a huge amount of student loans and forgave them all.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2973 on: February 14, 2017, 03:32:46 am »
Oliver follows through with his stunts. Like the time he bought a huge amount of student loans and forgave them all.

Wasn't that medical debt, some of which was already past the date by which it could, by law, be collected?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #2974 on: February 14, 2017, 03:42:24 am »
Or the time he proved how easy it is to get a religious tax exemption... by successfully getting his studio declared a church (Our Lady of Perpetual Exemptions, with first Mega-Reverend Oliver).
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2975 on: February 14, 2017, 03:50:44 am »

Wasn't that medical debt, some of which was already past the date by which it could, by law, be collected?

I would have to dig up the video to see for sure, it is on youtube I think...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2976 on: March 15, 2017, 07:24:57 pm »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #2977 on: April 23, 2017, 06:27:35 am »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2978 on: April 24, 2017, 12:00:45 am »

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #2979 on: April 26, 2017, 06:56:46 am »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2980 on: May 23, 2017, 06:43:22 pm »

EDIT:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:31:48 pm by dpareja »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2981 on: June 06, 2017, 07:12:30 pm »

EDIT:

Seen on a protest sign at a Resistance rally:

"Covfefe: Trump's covert back channel communications protocol with Putin's poodle."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:44:15 am by dpareja »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2982 on: July 26, 2017, 01:29:55 am »
Seen in Minneapolis-St. Paul in the wake of all the police shootings in the area:

EDIT:

To quote someone from the area:

I assumed this had only gone viral locally, but I guess it's gone global now. Kinda surreal.

It's one of the busiest intersections outside of the downtowns, it's on the light rail line, and it's a heavily poor & minority neighborhood, so this was well-placed.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:25:03 am by dpareja »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2983 on: September 04, 2017, 06:04:57 pm »

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2984 on: May 31, 2018, 06:06:00 pm »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.