Author Topic: Romney pissed off Fox News???  (Read 3497 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Romney pissed off Fox News???
« on: July 28, 2012, 07:40:20 pm »
And Charles Krauthammer to boot, who rips him one.  What will he do in Poland, maybe mention submarines with screen doors, and in Israel perhaps say Mazel Tov, to a pregnant woman? 

Go to 3:18 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyGcerFDho" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyGcerFDho</a>   

Offline Wurdulac

• Neonate
Re: Romney pissed off Fox News???
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 01:19:23 pm »
I really want to punch Krauthammer right in the mouth every time I see him.  Not just because every word he says is an assault on human decency and reasoning, but because I want to know if they accounted for that possibility in his programming.
Then again, I could be wrong.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:08:55 pm »
Of course Fox is going to turn on him, Romney fucked up and fucked up bad, world wide. He just stained the Republican party in front of the world, there's no damage control they could do to erase it from everyone
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 12:12:24 pm »
For those of us who don't want to sit through 6 minutes of some blowhard pundit yammering on, what exactly did Romney do in the first place?

Offline DasFuchs

• God
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 12:14:55 pm »
Brits asked Romney, since he "saved the Olympics in Utah" if they were ready and being the big mouthed moron he is, pretty much said no in a long winded condescending way. When the Brits hit back he turned full circle and claimed to not have said such.
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 12:20:33 pm »
Lovely fellow, that Romney.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 01:59:23 pm »
Think so far he's offended the British, the Israelis and the Chinese if the free paper on the train was anything to go by.

Distind

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 02:12:14 pm »
Brits asked Romney, since he "saved the Olympics in Utah" if they were ready and being the big mouthed moron he is, pretty much said no in a long winded condescending way. When the Brits hit back he turned full circle and claimed to not have said such.
To be completely fair, the parts of it I caught were actually legitimate concerns, but I did only catch snippets. And I caught them before it had become a thing outside of the English media. Something about a lack security personnel and similar concerns. I mean those ground to air missiles aren't gonna tend themselves.

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 02:19:24 pm »
I'm more intrigued by how blatantly rude Scameron was, even though I'm mostly used to his obnoxious attitude by now.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 05:09:30 pm »
Think so far he's offended the British, the Israelis and the Chinese if the free paper on the train was anything to go by.

He actually gave a speech praising their socialized health care system. 

When our health care costs are completely out of control. Do you realize what health care spending is as a percentage of the GDP        in Israel? 8 percent. You spend 8 percent of GDP on health care. And you’re a pretty healthy nation. We spend 18 percent of our GDP   on health care. 10 percentage points more. That gap, that 10 percent cost, let me compare that with the size of our military. Our military budget is 4 percent. Our gap with Israel is 10 points of GDP. We have to find ways, not just to provide health care to more people, but to find ways to finally manage our health care costs.

Romney’s point about Israel’s success in controlling health care costs is spot on: Its health care system has seen health care costs grow much slower than other industrialized nations.
How it has gotten there, however, may not be to the Republican candidate’s liking: Israel regulates its health care system aggressively, requiring all residents to carry insurance and capping revenue for various parts of the country’s health care system.
Israel created a national health care system in 1995, largely funded through payroll and general tax revenue. The government provides all citizens with health insurance: They get to pick from one of four competing, nonprofit plans. Those insurance plans have to accept all customers—including people with pre-existing conditions—and provide residents with a broad set of government-mandated benefits.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/07/30/romney-praises-health-care-in-israel-where-strong-government-influence-has-driven-down-costs/

Offline DasFuchs

• God
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 10:22:48 pm »
Well hell, he loves Obama's plan to, the only thing he wanted taken out of it was the whole "Democrat nigger, muslim, fascist" Obama out of it.

And Romney's aid swore at Poland today, so they said "Bye, you're done here"

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 01:30:42 am »
If I didn't know any better, I would swear that Romney is trying to lose the election.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 07:54:14 am »
If I didn't know any better, I would swear that Romney is trying to lose the election.
He's certainly aiming to be less liked that dubya was in the rest of the world if he isn't.

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 08:52:29 am »
I suppose as a member of the club known as "not Americans", I'll give you a recap (Disclaimer: I read too much Guardian).

Our good friend has so far:
-Suggested the Olympics has issues on foreign soil, breaking the cardinal rule of "never shit on your host's door" (actually this seems to be what Krauthammer is most pissed about, since as a successful businessman he should know this). Prompts comebacks from the PM of the UK and the Mayor of London, the latter in front of a 60,000 strong crowd.
-Referred to the back garden of 10 Downing Street as the "backside"; implicitly referring to David Cameron's arse.
-Revealed he met with MI6, the ultra-secretive Intel organization that no one, NO ONE, volunteers to have met.
-In Poland, aide told journalists to "Kiss my ass" after Mitt refused to take questions during a visit to Poland's equivalent to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
-In Israel, his speech that "culture" was the reason Israel's GDP was so much higher than Palestine prompted accusations of racism.

This off the top of my head. As well as the confusing insistence that Russia is America's number 1 geopolitical foe is just, really, really weird.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 10:28:35 am »
He also said that the UK produces nothing of value and that if not an island that Germany would have won.