Author Topic: Biblical Burial Box Reveals Clue About Death of Jesus  (Read 7239 times)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
Biblical Burial Box Reveals Clue About Death of Jesus
« on: January 17, 2012, 01:31:08 pm »
Articles like this one irritate me no end.  The thread title I used is, as you will see, the actual title of the article.  However, when you read the article, there is no evidence of Jesus to be found.

I'm disappointed that Discovery News has taken the same road as Discovery Channel with sensationalized articles and misleading titles.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Re: Biblical Burial Box Reveals Clue About Death of Jesus
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 02:49:31 pm »
well if you look at the article you will see
Content Provided by FoxNews.com/SciTech
  That should help clear things up.  Faux Noise strikes again!
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 04:08:35 pm »
I saw that, and took that into consideration.  However, that still doesn't excuse Discovery News for putting up such a misleading heading to the article, even if that was the heading on the original Fox article.  And actually, in reading the article, it doesn't actually try to persuade the reader to think that the artifact does reveal anything about the death of Jesus, only that it was linked to someone that had ties according to the Bible to his death. 

Like I said earlier, it disappoints me that Discovery News would stoop to publishing inaccurate headings.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 09:47:31 pm »
Just like the History Channel.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 10:29:42 am »
Just like the History Channel.

Which is a part of the Discovery Network, so there you go.

Offline NonProphet

• Apprentice
  • Bowties are cool.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 08:32:18 pm »
I am disappointed in the Discovery Network in general. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they - at one time - actually produce shows about ACTUAL history & science, instead of supernatural mumbo-jumbo?