Author Topic: Utah Business Fires Obama Supporters  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Utah Business Fires Obama Supporters
« on: January 27, 2013, 06:33:59 am »
So it turns out that a Utah businessman fired two of his employees to make a political statement and retaliate against their support of the reelection of Obama.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/terry-lee-obamacare-firings-utah-obama-supporters_n_2505763.html

Yeah.  That's really fucking ethical of you, guy.  If you guys want some wingnut comments, here's an alternate source:

www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/20130123004-biz-owner-ut.html

Yeah.  I originally heard about this when someone shared it on my FB through an anti-Obama page.  That's why I have the wingnut link.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Utah Business Fires Obama Supporters
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:19:58 am »
Yeah.  I originally heard about this when someone shared it on my FB through an anti-Obama page.  That's why I have the wingnut link.

You're not alone in that aspect.
That being said, who wants to bet this idiot is going to throw a hissy fit over unemployment??

Offline Whore of Spamylon

• Bishop
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:22:09 am »
Wow...

It would seem that these troglodytes are so determined to put forth the narrative that four more years of an Obama administration would lead to a bad economy that they are willing to commit the act of self-fulfilling prophecy.

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 11:38:52 am »
But remember folks, it's all Obama's fault, because I don't want to pay for my employee's healthcare coverage, but at the same time bitch about the poor receiving care under the State's public healthcare plan. Yeah, you can't have it both ways folks, not to mention some states's don't even have a buy-in program for those caught in the middle, or it's only open to you if you have a qualifying disability(which you may have to jump through hoops to prove).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:52:08 am by Empress Nicki »

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 11:47:15 am »
WTF?  Yes make a point about Obama ruining the economy by making even more people lose their jobs. Moron.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 11:57:13 am »
Say hello to an unfair dismissal lawsuit!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 12:02:27 pm »
Yeah I sense a wrongful termination suit in the future.

Ironbite-cause seriously that's low.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 12:02:36 pm »
I'm not sure, Utah is a right to work state.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 12:06:34 pm »
Say hello to an unfair dismissal lawsuit!

Say hello to the laws of USA, in several states, it is perfectly legal to fire an employee because of their political ideology.

And It's Legal

Most employee in the U.S. are "at will," which means they can be fired for any reason, as long as it's not a specifically prohibited one. Under federal law, only race, color, religion, sex or national origin are unlawful reasons, and only in five states -- California, New York, Connecticut, Colorado and Mississippi -- are employers forbidden from firing workers for their political beliefs.

In most of the country, you can't fire someone for worshipping the devil, but you can fire someone for leaning to the left.

This isn't true, however, for public employees. After all, if the government fired someone for his or her political speech, that would be the government suppressing political speech -- a big no-no in modern democracies.

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2013/01/18/utah-terry-lee-forensics-fires-supporting-obama-two-employees/
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 12:09:51 pm »
That's the good ole US of A for you...

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 12:14:20 pm »
Srprised Mississippi is on that list. 

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 12:24:45 pm »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 01:23:03 pm »
Kinbd of like how surprised I was when I found out OK forbade rapists from seeking custody.  UNLIKE NY >:(

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 05:15:15 pm »
Political rights and political stance I find surprisingly do not mesh in the least.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying