Author Topic: FEMEN, "Our tits are deadlier than your stones!"  (Read 4683 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
FEMEN, "Our tits are deadlier than your stones!"
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:47:38 pm »
Feminist group FEMEN is calling for a "topless revolution" in Tunisia after a Muslim preacher said he wanted a girl stoned to death because she posted a topless photo of herself on Facebook.

Amina Tyler, 19, posted a photo of herself without a top on and with the words "My body belongs to me" written in Arabic across her chest. The woman is a native of Tunisia.

Femen is a feminist Ukrainian protest group based in Kiev. Their most internationally noted form of protest is topless protests. Modern day, sexy, agent provocateurs. 

Salafi preacher Adel Almi said: "According to God's law, she deserves 80 to 100 lashes, but what she committed is worth much more than that. She deserves to be stoned to death and she must be quarantined because what she did is an epidemic."

Adel Almi declared that he knows better than god. In the words of House:
Or better yet, stone the preacher for irony’s sake.

These ladies don’t need balls, they have boobs:
Five FEMEN activists climbed to the Cathedral of St. Sophia in the center of Kiev to protest a proposed legislation that would ban abortions in Ukraine.
The girls got naked, rolled down banner “STOP” from the balcony of the cathedral and began ringing church bells to attract the attention of those passing by. They also shouted a slogan which can be translated as “our children – our choice.”

Their site has been hacked by fundies http://femen.org/ use archive.org for mirrors also NSFW because boobies. I for one do not want their efforts to be forgotten by a simple hack. Not hacked anymore!

Their twitter is also NSFW so no direct link but https://*.com/FEMEN_Movement.

The topless Jihad aka "Jihad me at topless" has been posted, pics for everyone!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:28:14 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: FEMEN, "Our tits are deadlier than your stones!"
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:08:08 pm »
RESPECT THE MIGHTY BOOBIES!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 04:49:15 am »
I know it's a serious topic, but the only thing I could think of when I saw the photo was:

"It was a mermaid. She was beautiful. Hair covering her breasts... every fucking time...." ~ Rhys Darby
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 10:31:20 am »
Good to see a revival of bra-less/topless protesting. It made the sixties and seventies liberation movement more fun and opened some minds (plus lots of delighted eyes :)

It draws attention to the arbitrary unfairness of "modesty" rules forced onto women. It takes unfathomable bravery for women in Muslim countries to protest while topless....Tits>Balls for a courage symbol.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 01:35:27 pm »
Yay tits!
Seriously though, these women are brave.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 10:33:46 pm »
Yay tits!
Seriously though, these women are brave.

Damn brave.  But I applaud them for standing up for their rights.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 11:02:16 pm »
Good to see a revival of bra-less/topless protesting. It made the sixties and seventies liberation movement more fun and opened some minds (plus lots of delighted eyes :)

It draws attention to the arbitrary unfairness of "modesty" rules forced onto women. It takes unfathomable bravery for women in Muslim countries to protest while topless....Tits>Balls for a courage symbol.

Of course, the 60s and 70s American chicks didn't have to worry about being murdered for their protesting.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 11:27:45 pm »
To be honest your responses anger me so I'll leave you with this
http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/201304050033-0022659

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 01:25:52 am »

That is a good part of the point FEMEN is making; to stir things up. In historical perspective, again to the 60's-70's topless protests, those actions pissed off mainstream feminists, too. Nevertheless, avaunt guard radical protests of this type open up dialogue with a bang. Dialogue leads to good things, for everybody. Shocking the paradigm now and then leads to progress and enlightenment.

When you get right down to it, whether the taboo against women going topless is religiously based or not, in cultures where it is the norm - the so-called "primitive" societies - our obsession and over sexualization of breasts is seen as babyish and weird and stupid beyond comprehension. Smart primitives, I'd say. 
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline The Lazy One

• Neonate
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 10:22:46 pm »
Ehhh... I'm not so sure that FEMEN is really a great group to support. It's pretty hard to find articles in English about this, most everything that I've been able to find on the subject is in Russian, Ukrainian, or Lithuanian, and I only have some level of comprehension in the last one, but I've heard that FEMEN has some serious problems with white supremacy and neo-Nazism. Most press in English about them has been supportive, or at least just focuses on the whole topless thing, but it seems like most Eastern Europeans are a lot less keen on them.

They might make some good points, but I'm wary of supporting any group that has ties to neo-Nazis until I can determine that they are not actually neo-Nazis.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 05:30:20 pm »
I already posted a link.  But yeah surprisingly they don't like white people trying to save them.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 05:43:13 pm »
Ehhh... I'm not so sure that FEMEN is really a great group to support. It's pretty hard to find articles in English about this, most everything that I've been able to find on the subject is in Russian, Ukrainian, or Lithuanian, and I only have some level of comprehension in the last one, but I've heard that FEMEN has some serious problems with white supremacy and neo-Nazism. Most press in English about them has been supportive, or at least just focuses on the whole topless thing, but it seems like most Eastern Europeans are a lot less keen on them.

They might make some good points, but I'm wary of supporting any group that has ties to neo-Nazis until I can determine that they are not actually neo-Nazis.

Seem to be protesting against the right here: http://www.demotix.com/news/1801515/femen-protest-against-nazi-event-berlin#media-1801477
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 11:17:37 pm »
Pardon my blundering question, but  I must ask why?

This ladies and gentlemen is called not learning from history. Intragroup conflict only serves to weaken a common cause. Whether it be due to race, ethnicity, socio-religious factors, ect. Infighting due to such differences does not help.

Tolerate them even if you do not agree with their methods as they are part of a multifaceted nonviolent strategy . It is better to bite your tongue now then lose the overall goal.

but I've heard that FEMEN has some serious problems with white supremacy and neo-Nazism.

Where? I was unable to find any.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:22:51 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 11:21:09 pm »
Um, these are some of the white women in question. Although they were protesting in Sweden, they actually have some "street cred" as Muslim women...and are Iranian.

http://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/topless-iranian-women-protest-hijab-092343760.html