Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 385023 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1830 on: October 19, 2017, 06:07:26 am »
Pence will not try to nuke a country because someone made a mean Tweet. Can you say the same of Trump, who reportedly asked repeatedly why he just can't nuke someone during his first briefing as a president?

Unofficial rumours do say that Mattis has people near Trump to stop him, one way or another, from launching an attack but those are just unverified rumours and even if true, that's all kinds of fucked up as well.

Nearly no one wants to restart the Korean war. All the countries would just be harmed by it. Senseless slaughter and suffering would follow and the money spent in the war would offer little profits.

Tough talk is standard practise. Negotiations and sanctions are standard practise. Trump on the other hand joins Kim in the "dictator dick measuring contest" quite earnestly which will just further destabilize the situation.

EDIT: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/trump-killed-more-civilians-obama/

Trump has managed to beat Obama in at least one category now... Killing civilians.

Which, to be fair, was one of his campaign promises. He said he would kill the families of the terrorists, and by God, he certainly seems to be doing his best in that endeavour.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:30:36 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1831 on: October 23, 2017, 12:29:13 am »
I mean, hell, one of the first military actions he authorized only ended up with 30 civilian casualties and the target escaping. And he reportedly only authorized it because Obama had declined to.

I would question why this didn't become his Benghazi, but we all know the answer.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1832 on: October 24, 2017, 02:54:00 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/us-ambassador-knight-craft-1.4366936

Who did Trump name as US Ambassador to Canada?

Kelly Knight Craft, who believes "both sides" of the climate change "debate".
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1833 on: October 24, 2017, 09:39:29 am »
https://www.thedailybeast.com/congress-trump-wont-implement-russia-sanctionsand-he-wont-tell-us-why

Trump is stalling on the Russia sanctions and refusing to answer why.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1834 on: October 24, 2017, 12:56:11 pm »
Could it be that Trump possibly made a deal with Putin to possibly Lift or reduce sanctions on Russia if Putin helped to get him elected?

I know, its a conspiracy theory, but Trump just makes it seem true.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1835 on: October 24, 2017, 03:11:04 pm »
And David Nunes, on Trump's orders, is going after Hilary.

Ironbite-Mueller must have something.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1836 on: October 25, 2017, 06:00:42 pm »
Meanwhile, Senate Republicans just voted to allow banks and credit card companies to put arbitration clauses in their contracts, clauses which barred people from going to court, particularly in a class-action lawsuit. This repeals a rule from the CFPB which barred such clauses.

The Vice President had to break a tie, however, as Sens. Graham and Kennedy broke with the Republican line.

The House has already passed the repeal, and for all his campaign trail rhetoric, I'll bet any amount of money Trump will sign it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1837 on: October 25, 2017, 07:36:51 pm »
Of course he will.  Doesn't affect him but does fuck over his voting base that still froths over mentions of Hillary.

Ironbite-this makes what the 5th time they've hauled in Pence to fuck us over?  Never heard of Biden doing this.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1838 on: October 28, 2017, 01:14:56 am »
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/first-charges-mueller-investigation/index.html

First charges in the Mueller investigationg. Expect arrests soon.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1839 on: October 28, 2017, 02:05:45 am »
I wish more details were out. Who are they arresting? What are the crimes?  Is this supposed uranium deal that Hillary Clinton is getting blamed for being put out there by the Trump administration to try to distract from this? Did Trump say he would release the jfk assassination files as a distraction?  Is Trump trying to get all of Clinton's emails released to try to distract from the investigation. Does Trump realize that he is president and not Hillary Clinton?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1840 on: October 28, 2017, 02:19:57 am »
Not sure. Not sure. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes but nothing is ever his fault and he doesn't think far ahead so he is just trying to do something, anything in the hopes that his house of cards that is already collapsing might last at least a bit longer.

EDIT: Manafort and one of his associates were indicted. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us/politics/paul-manafort-indicted.html

This is certainly not a surprise. Some people were hoping for an even bigger fish but these are just the first two, we shall see how many people get arrested by the time this is done.

EDIT 2: Third indictment. Suspect is already pleading guilty:

...This is important. And I'm just waiting to see how Trump fans and Russian bots will try to downplay the investigation now...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:27:54 am by Askold »

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1841 on: October 30, 2017, 03:42:27 pm »
Pappy up there flipped btw.  He's been cooperating with the feds since the 5th apparently.  This is Trump's biggest weakness.  He does not inspire loyalty in anyone who does anything for him.  None whatsoever.  And seeing as how this guy flipped, that's big.\

Ironbite-bigger then Sarah Hucklefuck Sanders trying to third grade world problem her way out of the press briefing.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1842 on: October 30, 2017, 08:27:28 pm »
I'm guessing these are just the first three. I wonder if were going to see another water-gate type scandal with people getting indicted left and right until Trump makes the stupid move of firing Mueller.
Except Nixon from my understanding was much more inconspicuous. He went into his second term with a 64 percent approval rating and it was quite the shock to the country to find out what a scum bag he was.
No this is something more like stupid water gate where everything was on the table form the beginning and Trump is doing a terrible job of lying about it.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1843 on: October 30, 2017, 08:43:12 pm »
Here's the thing that I take from this: This is the perfect opportunity for Congress Republicans to start standing up to Trump. It's the perfect opportunity to make themselves look good by focusing on how they can no longer trust Trump or anyone from his administration. It's the right time for them to stand up and save their own asses by pretending that they were always more interested in the good of the country over the good of their party and donors.

As you can probably imagine, I'm not taking bets on this.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1844 on: October 30, 2017, 08:49:42 pm »
They will once they are finished with tax reform once it passes or doesn't. They need him at the moment. I see come 2018 a lot of repubs are going to start turning their back on him.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t