Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 389115 times)

pyro

Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1500 on: August 15, 2017, 08:14:32 pm »
I blame the DNC.

They overestimated the decency of a near-majority of the population. The professional politicians were insufficiently jaded.

Where can I find stats on their employment? I'm curious how many Dems turned in their six-week notice when they realized this.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1501 on: August 15, 2017, 08:18:21 pm »
I blame the DNC.

Just like

1. Republicans elevated Hillary in 2008 to hurt Obama in the general.
2. Republicans elevated Bernie in 2016 to hurt Hillary in the general.
3. Russia elevated Bernie in 2016 to hurt Hillary in the general.

Both sides have a long history of doing what they could in the primaries to help themselves in the general. And, your criticism outright ignores that Trump was the favorite long before the Dems attempted to elevate Trump to help themselves.

The_Queen-All and all it's just another brick in the wall.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1502 on: August 16, 2017, 12:24:18 am »
All in all, putting more blame on DNC than Trump for Trump not condemning White-power groups is a weird thing to do.

EDIT: Oh wow... http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-russia-emails-devastating-legal-papadopoulos-paul-manafort-2017-8/?r=US&IR=T

It's not like Trump campaign colluding with Russia hadn't been already proven sufficiently but more evidence keeps popping up again and again...

Papadopolous sent the first email to seven campaign advisers in March 2016 with the subject line "Meeting with Russian Leadership - Including Putin." His requests were reportedly met with hesitancy from multiple campaign officials, including retired Navy Rear Adm. Charles Kubic, who voiced concerns about violating both US sanctions on Russia and the Logan Act, a law forbidding US citizens from negotiating with foreign governments without authorization.

Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign chairman and a current subject in the Russia investigation, also expressed concerns about the proposal and rejected Papadopoulos' request for a meeting between Trump and Russian officials in May 2016, according to The Post.

This is proof that the campaign leaders knew that meeting with Russian's to gain something for the campaign would be illegal. ...But these emails, (seen by Manafort who took part in the conversation.) were sent before the meeting with Russian's that took place in the Trump tower. ...Even though Trump team members were told that the lawyer present was representing Russia.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:35:31 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1503 on: August 16, 2017, 01:07:42 am »
I blame the DNC.

They overestimated the decency of a near-majority of the population. The professional politicians were insufficiently jaded.

Where can I find stats on their employment? I'm curious how many Dems turned in their six-week notice when they realized this.

Can we please stop with this "Trump voters are bad people" nonsense? It's about as helpful as a hole in the head.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1504 on: August 16, 2017, 01:25:46 am »
I think reminding Trump voters that they are the reason for this is more helpful than telling DNC that it is their fault that Trump won't condemn Nazis who kill people.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #1505 on: August 16, 2017, 01:55:00 am »
I believe it is false and unhelpful to declare that every single person who voted for Trump to be completely, utterly, irredeemably evil.  Most humans are morally complicated and posses a mixture of good and bad traits (ie my dad was a loving father who dedicated his life to help others as a parole officer because he truly wanted to help others.  He was also a homophobe who told me when I first asked what a gay person was that they were selfish people who didn't follow God's plan).

But to say that Trump voters did something morally wrong and bare responsibility for it does not amount to that.  You can say that someone has done wrong without claiming them to be 100% evil. 

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1506 on: August 16, 2017, 02:02:48 am »
It's not a matter of "THEY ARE ALL EEEEEEVIL!" it is a matter of "Trump wasn't keeping a lid on his racism or sexism and was actually quite proud of his poor financial skills as evidenced by his plan to get rid of the NAFTA and to build "The Wall." Anyone who voted for him can't claim that they had no idea that this would happen. Trump is behaving as the president the way he has always been behaving. Like David Duke said, the KKK and other racist groups are just doing what Trump implicitly promised would happen.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1507 on: August 16, 2017, 06:45:23 am »
I blame the DNC.

Can we please stop with this "Trump voters are bad people" nonsense? It's about as helpful as a hole in the head.

Lana: I blame the DNC for Trump
Pyro: I blame the people who voted for him
Me: The DNC acted in a manner consistent with past elections
Lana: STOP BLAMING TRUMP VOTERS!

The_Queen: It also isn't like Hillary warned us of Trump's white supremacy problem in August during her Alt-Right speech. Also, I am being facetious, she totally did, and people ignored her because democrat.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:48:22 am by The_Queen »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1508 on: August 16, 2017, 09:06:50 am »
Queenie, surely you don't vote for someone whose main appeal was to haters of Mexicans and/or Muslims because you're bad!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1509 on: August 16, 2017, 02:35:39 pm »
Heard on a Youtube livestream:

When Paul Ryan goes into his kitchen to make himself a sandwich, he comes out with a bill to cut taxes on the rich.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1510 on: August 16, 2017, 07:31:17 pm »
I believe it is false and unhelpful to declare that every single person who voted for Trump to be completely, utterly, irredeemably evil.  Most humans are morally complicated and posses a mixture of good and bad traits (ie my dad was a loving father who dedicated his life to help others as a parole officer because he truly wanted to help others.  He was also a homophobe who told me when I first asked what a gay person was that they were selfish people who didn't follow God's plan).

But to say that Trump voters did something morally wrong and bare responsibility for it does not amount to that.  You can say that someone has done wrong without claiming them to be 100% evil.

Is it morally right to vote for a candidate for whose favor the game was rigged? Maybe I should go around telling off Hillary voters for "supporting corruption".

A lot of Americans were caught between a rock and a hard place. There were many who either stayed home or . And I don't blame them. After the revelations that the DNC rigged the game in Hillary's favor, I don't think we have any right to judge people who didn't vote for her.

How many of you understand why so many people voted for Trump? How many of you have looked more deeply into the matter? I've looked, and if I'm honest? For a lot of these people, I can understand, even sympathize with why they did it, even if I don't like the result. Instead of looking down on people for exercising their democratic rights in a way we didn't like, I think we should try to understand their grievances and motivations.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1511 on: August 16, 2017, 07:56:46 pm »
God that's a lot of nothing to post.

Ironbite-like honestly a lot of nothing to post.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #1512 on: August 16, 2017, 07:58:33 pm »
(click to show/hide)
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1513 on: August 16, 2017, 08:41:02 pm »
Your link about how you've looked deeply is a dead link. But given how deeply you've looked into the matter why not elucidate us with your views. Personally I don't see how anyone could ever equate Trump as being the lesser of two evils. I mean people will say they were duped but it was pretty fucking obvious.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1514 on: August 16, 2017, 08:53:50 pm »

Is it morally right to vote for a candidate for whose favor the game was rigged? Maybe I should go around telling off Hillary voters for "supporting corruption".

A lot of Americans were caught between a rock and a hard place. There were many who either stayed home or . And I don't blame them. After the revelations that the DNC rigged the game in Hillary's favor, I don't think we have any right to judge people who didn't vote for her.

How many of you understand why so many people voted for Trump? How many of you have looked more deeply into the matter? I've looked, and if I'm honest? For a lot of these people, I can understand, even sympathize with why they did it, even if I don't like the result. Instead of looking down on people for exercising their democratic rights in a way we didn't like, I think we should try to understand their grievances and motivations.

Hey, Paragon, didn't we have this conversation like 80 pages and six months ago. Didn't we already shut you up on the point, Paragon. Now, 80 pages later, you renew this argument, Paragon, thinking that we all forgot.

Fuck off.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:55:21 pm by The_Queen »